2011 Terrain MPG Experience
By edrue on
2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I recently purchased the 2011 Terrain SLE-1 for its comfortable ride, features, and gas mileage claims. Although I’ve read a number of user reviews stating disappointment with gas mileage, I’ve averaged 21-22 mpg in the city, and on recent highway trips averaged 30 mpg and 31mpg on trips through OH, WV, and VA, on significantly hilly terrain. On a 150 mile trip over more gentle rolling hills, I averaged 33 mpg. I used the Eco mode, cruise control, and adjusted my driving habits for maximum fuel efficiency, but that was in no way inconvenient, and I've been very pleased.
Favorite Features
I like the rear view backup camera. I use the USB port a lot to pipe music from my media player through the radio system. The controls and display system are clear and easy to use. The seats are very comfortable. The driver's seat can be configured for maximum height and comfort. Passengers really appreciate the legroom they have in the back seat.
Suggested Improvements
I would like the backseats to fold up or be removable so I could have a bigger cargo area when I wanted. Cargo space is generous, but could be made more expansive. That would make this car truly awesome for me.