2011 GMC Terrain Consumer Review: Lemon

2011 GMC Terrain - Consumer Review

SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Lemon
By cybergoatguy on

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I thought I was getting the same as everyone else when buying the 2011 Terrain, but looks like I've got the same issues and more - oil disappears (my service manager told me they were told by GM that there's a bug in the engine and it burns oil and they don't know why or how to resolve it - she told me to check and add oil every 1000kms). Also, my truck has 66000 kms, and it's been in the garage for two week periods twice in the last three months - I got it back yesterday and they've changed the tranmission (completely) and the timing belt. And other parts too many to mention. Lemon. I'm going to see what I can get from GM for "customer loyalty" and then trade it in.

Favorite Features

Exterior design is rugged. Really getting used to the rear camera. I can't park a regular vehicle anymore!

Suggested Improvements

Tell the truth. Recall if necessary.
By lgc1958
on 05/29/14 10:26 AM (PDT)

I too am having a problem with the oil, I recently got an oil change on May 7, when checking today May 29, there was no oil left, I havent even driven the car more than 300kms. I have recently contacted the company about this, but keep getting the run around I was a loyal GM customer but this has really openned my eyes to the quality of the workmanship.