2011 GMC Terrain Consumer Review: GMC Terrain - Problem Child

2011 GMC Terrain - Consumer Review

SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 6-speed Automatic)

GMC Terrain - Problem Child
By bytefirst on

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a gmc Terrain in 2011 and I thought it was going to be the best car I have ever purchased. Needless to says, I was wrong. This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I have had it for 3 years and it has done nothing but given me problems. I have taken this car to the shop at least 20 times in the last 3 years; and the dealers (Jim Hudson and Love Gmc) kept lying to me about the root cause of my problems. Honestly, they could not fix it. There is a major problem with the car randomly shutting off; and it only happens on the v4 model. Gmc needs to be taken to court; I will never buy another gmc again. I recommend you stay away!
By hategmterrain
on 09/03/14 08:31 AM (PDT)

We are desperate not to die...Our 2011 GM Terrain is stalling again. After being stranded in a snow storm last winter when the time belt went on a relatively new car with only 50K miles on it, the car has been stalling and shutting down on us while driving, engine light going on. It's a LIFE RISK and no one is minding the shop. We have taken the car numerous times to Varney GMC in Bangor and there is no real help. We are fully aware of the conspiracy after the collapse and cutting corners but this is outrageous. We are told "nothing is wrong with the car"-REALLY? The engine light is always on, and yet no one takes it seriously!!! Please help us not to die!!! No one there bothered to us about the front seat recall, no one cares we get oil change alerts when we change oil regularly! Is anyone left there??? Why are you not taking responsibility on your lemon GMV Terrains??? People would DIE. We are planning litigation!

By hategmterrain
on 09/03/14 08:31 AM (PDT)

By dandun
on 06/07/14 10:02 AM (PDT)

I had the same problem. Its a software update to fix this one. I have not had the problem since they corrected this. You would have thought they would have done a recall for this one too....its sadly my last GM vehicle too.