False MPG: Just lost fifteen hundred bucks!
By retiredpilot1 on
2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I have had my 2011 Terrain for 15 months, 23,000 miles. This car cost me an extra $1500 last year in gas because the actual mileage (17/22) is NOT EVEN CLOSE to claimed. I am a retired airline pilot and mechanical engineer, I know how to glide thru air. It really peeves me that we allow such false and misleading advertising, whatever happened to good old honesty? See you at the class action claim hearing!
Suggested Improvements
Be honest about mileage shortcomings.
By elvis711
on 03/05/12 12:07 PM (PST)

I am with you- Horrible mileage for a 4 cylinder

By bwall2
on 01/28/12 15:09 PM (PST)

When you get a class action suit ready, count me in! It is disgusting to have a vehicle that gets such poor gas mileage today - especially since it is reported to do 32 mpg - which I knew it would not do but I expected at least 27-28 on the highway. I can afford the gas but bought this vehicle to save some of that money! Keep me posted.

By mfmazerolle
on 03/12/12 19:26 PM (PDT)

I am in on the class action. I bought mine in Nov '11. It was rated for 46mpg(Canadian). I am only getting 22 at best. I bought it so I would not have to drive my '98 chev half ton which is easier on gas than this pig. Please count me in on the law suit.

By chet11
on 03/29/12 01:13 AM (PDT)

I purchased a 2011 Terrain 4 cylinder and only averaged 22 mpg! The dealer told me that the EPA set the MPG ratings and you can't sue the EPA. I guess Obama told the dealers to post any MPG that would compete against high MPG imports. With 9,500 miles on my Terrain, I traded for the new Toyota Prius V and I am happy. Toyota gave me a great trade in price and the trade was cheaper than lawyers. Class action would only get you a couple $100 bucks if that. I likes the Toyota so much I purchased a Prius 2. The V gets 43 MPG and the Prius 2 gets 57 MPG! GMC will never ever see me again.

By kjaphelps
on 03/21/12 18:23 PM (PDT)

Count me in on the class action lawsuit too. I have 15k on my 2011 Terrain, drive 300 miles per week highway/interstate miles and still only get about 22 mpg. Although the mpg display on the dash says I average 25 to 30, I have never gotten more than 24 (I calculate my mpg myself at the pump). GMC lied, and the EPA helped them.

By dougndj
on 05/01/13 17:11 PM (PDT)

I am only getting 22 mpg also! I have taken my car in 3 times and it is now documented. There must be a way for all of us to have a lawyer take this case as a class action lawsuit. I think we can get more than a few hundred bucks - does anyone know a lawyer they can ask about how to start a class action?

By mea5
on 05/08/13 16:07 PM (PDT)

Dealer claimed 22 city and 32 HWY and I have never gotten better than 23 MPG and that was on a road trip with all highway driving. I only purchased this car because of the MPG. I would never have purchased had I know GMC lied about the MPG. I typicalley average 18-20 MPG with city and highway driving combined. Count me in on the class action!