A BIG MISTAKE
By sgthaight on
2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
Leased this vehicle in 4 cylinder, was promised 26/32 mpg city/highway. A BLATANT LIE FROM GMC! Veh gets 14-16 in town and can't get over 21 on the highway. GMC was contacted and set up a service check at the dealer. They came up with every phony excuse you could think of. Too much weight in the veh (which is empty) to the mileage gauge must be reset every time ( even though the On-Star app says the lifetiMe average mileage of both city/highway is 17). Avoid this car at all expense, it has no power and the mileage SUCKS. GMC will try to blame you for the crummy mileage if you complain. Searching for a lawyer to take on the big GMC Corp. Buy American, but not this American vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
GMC needs to post honest mileage and compensate every owner/leasee that they have lied to about the mileage rating on this vehicle.
By goblue062202
on 07/05/12 20:58 PM (PDT)

I am in to if you find a lawyer. We took ours in and they told us we didnt know how to calculate the gas mileage properly. Then the regional rep for gm hung up on me.

By mfmazerolle
on 03/12/12 19:20 PM (PDT)

Man oh man this sounds like my story. So mad that I am now stuck with this vehicle that I can't afford to drive. If you find a lawyer, I am in. They lied to us and I want them to do something. I got the same song and dance from GMC Canada.