Used 2011 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Terrain SUV

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Where is the gas mileage?
By jess736

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased a 4 cyl Terrain earlier this year. We like the vehicle overall but are very disappointed with the 21.6 MPG average over the first 9000 miles of driving. Most of the driving is on the freeway. Even on a long trip the best ever on a tank of gas was 23.5mpg. The main reason for us selecting the Terrain over other SUVs was the advertised mileage. We really feel we were scammed. I know that the EPA mileage to be questionable but to exaggerate the numbers by over 33% is almost criminal. Of course the salesman sold us on the 32 MPG but after talking to the service techs they tell me that there is no way that this vehicle can get more that 23 to 24 MPG. Of course now that we ha

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

First SUV
By driggle

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first try at an SUV. My last car was an Accord, and I have to say I am thrilled I made the jump. I avoided SUVs in the past because of the ride, handling, and noise, but the last 8 months with my Terrain have proved me wrong. I love riding up high, no more falling into or climbing out of the seat. The ride is far more comfortable than my Accord was, the interior has far less road noise, and power from the V6 is much better than my 4 cylinder Accord was (no surprise there!) The cargo versatility is amazing, I love the sound system and the Terrain feels very well put together. I am very happy after 8 months and have had no issues and feel very confident I made the right choice.

Favorite Features

Pioneer stereo, auto climate control - I just set it at 70 and I am always comfortable!! Hands free bluetooth!

Suggested Improvements

None!

Criminal MPG Advertising!!!!
By fathero3

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have never written a review before but feel obligated to warn others of my mistake. I bought my 2011 GMC Terrain in Dec 2010. As of August 2011, I have put close to 20K miles on my vehicle...mostly all highway mileage due to outside sales. After extensive research on this vehicle, and others in its class, I went with the Terrain for the advertised highway MPG. I read all of the reviews that explicitly pointed out that the mileage fell short. I assumed that if it fell short of the 32 MPG around 26-28 MPG, that's still great. I have done everything possible to only get 22-23 MPG at best...at that is in the "ECO" mode. I've developed OCD watching instantaneous fuel economy. Terrible!

Favorite Features

Navigation and interior controls. Pause ability of live radio.

Suggested Improvements

Quit advertising 32 mpg...total lie!!

The GMC Terrain Rocks!
By lauramil

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband and I recently purchased a 2011 GMC Terrain from Wade Raulerson GMC in Gainesville, FL. I get a new vehicle just about every year but this is one ride that I plan on keeping! I have never been so happy with a vehicle. It gets great gas mileage and everywhere I go I receive compliments on it and people ask me where I got it. The ride is smooth, no outside noise inside, the seats are comfortable and there is plenty of backseat room.

Favorite Features

The exterior is beautifully crafted and has a classy look. The center console and controls are easy to reach. I love the Onstar and Sirius Radio as well as the chrome mirrors and door handles.

Suggested Improvements

None

Had to share
By cj21

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am the person who always looks at the reviews of cars but never write one. I must say I am compelled to write one on the Terrain. I've had my SUV since Feb. 2011 and I must say I donít have any major complaints. I use to drive a KIA and that was a lemon. Before that I drove GMC vehicles. I am so glad to drive a GMC again. It was a defiantly change for me going from a V6 to a 4cyl. As far as the gas mileage goes, I am concern about how long a tank of gas for me will last. It last about a week and half to 2 weeks. Thatís a lot longer than with the KIA V6. Overall I am glad I got the Terrain. Itís good on bumps & long road trips. If you want to buy this SUV I think you will be happy.

Favorite Features

IPOD, interior lighting Overall I love the car and I don'r regret buying it.

Suggested Improvements

It shifts a bit hard but it doesn't change the way the car drives. I am having that looked into by the dealership. It would be nice if this model came with the back up sensor beep. It has the camera but when it rains the camera isn't much use.