7 times in the shop first year
By kathy75 on
2011 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I thought I was exchanging a 9 year Murano that was needing it's 5 transmission (which was still under warranty and was no longer reliable as something I could depend on, wrong! This 2011 terrain has been in the shop 7 times for a total of the same 3 problems. 4 times for cutting off and cutting out on me, the lift gate made loud noises when it got hot and finally after 5 times in the shop in which they told me unless it makes the notice when it is in here you will just have wait until breaks, well it did and came down on my head. The air stopped working last summer twice while it was in the high 90's you could turn it back on after about 20 minutes and it would work again.
Favorite Features
At this point under NC law it is considered a lemon so I am hiring a lawyer. At this point I can no longer remember any favorite features I hate this car.
Suggested Improvements
Put the lock button back on the door the console is not a good place for it. My Murrano was not any longer than the Terrain but it had a lot more interior room, there is too much front end and not enough interior room. Put bigger tires on it so the ride is better. Don't post the mileage as 24 city and 32 highway when the best it gets is 26 hwy. and 19-21 in city. Fix the air controls 73 does not mean 60 degrees. It was 55 degree outside and I had the air set on 73 and it was blowing cold air as hard as it could and that was most likely what was making the air last summer stop working it was freezing up.