Used 2011 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Bad gas mileage
By elvis711

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Just like everyone else- 22-25 MPG. Also, it does a hard shift all the time, and often when pressing on the gas, it hesitates, as though it had to think if it was the brake or the gas , it makes you very angry when driving. Terrible experience. One good thing is the storage. Too bad we cannot afford to road trip with the crap mileage.

Favorite Features

the lease expires in 24 months

Suggested Improvements

try a realistic advertisement of the MPG. This dog is not even close to 32

A BIG MISTAKE
By sgthaight

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Leased this vehicle in 4 cylinder, was promised 26/32 mpg city/highway. A BLATANT LIE FROM GMC! Veh gets 14-16 in town and can't get over 21 on the highway. GMC was contacted and set up a service check at the dealer. They came up with every phony excuse you could think of. Too much weight in the veh (which is empty) to the mileage gauge must be reset every time ( even though the On-Star app says the lifetiMe average mileage of both city/highway is 17). Avoid this car at all expense, it has no power and the mileage SUCKS. GMC will try to blame you for the crummy mileage if you complain. Searching for a lawyer to take on the big GMC Corp. Buy American, but not this American vehicle.

Suggested Improvements

GMC needs to post honest mileage and compensate every owner/leasee that they have lied to about the mileage rating on this vehicle.

Really Disappointed in my Terrain...
By sllmd0202

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband and I bought the 2011 GMC Terrain about a year ago. In the last six months, its been in the shop twice now. The first time was for an electrical issue...a terminal in the back of the car had corroded causing it to pull power on the ignition and drain the battery. It took the dealership almost two weeks to diagnose and fix. Then, six months later it would start but anytime you gave it gas, it would cut off. Still in the shop after two weeks with no answer. As both my husband and I being prior Toyota owners, I definitely regret buying this car. I should have kept with Toyota. Just an overall bad experience.

Favorite Features

Exterior and interior features. Many options for the price.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable.

Gas Mileage
By bwall2

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd posting about the horrible gas mileage of this vehicle. I would love a class action suit for performance....I bought it for the 32 mpg expecting to receive at least 27-28 mpg. How disgusting! I like driving my Camry Hybrid - 38-41 mpg - and 76,000 miles on it. No more GM products for me!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage

Milky white fluid 1st. Rusty brown 2nd.
By gunkedmotors

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have a 2011 GMC Terrain SLT, and this is the second time it has been in the shop. Milky white fluid boiled out of the water reservoir the first time. The dealer said the tubes that ran inside the radiator busted causing the white milky substance. The radiator was replaced and did numerous wash cycles for 3 weeks. We got the car back and 2 days later the radiator busted in my driveway and rusty brown fluid spewed out of the radiator. The check engine light has yet to come on. The dealer said it was the same problem. I asked if they did compression check for blown head gasket, and never got an answer. Is it a bad radiator or to much compression in the radiator. January 22, 2012 is year.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature is how much this car looks like a lemon!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Quit making Lemons.