2011 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
Gas Mileage Tanks
By kristarc on 09/27/11 05:49 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband and I researched many vehicles before deciding the Terrain was the best SUV for our needs without sucking our wallet dry. I have owned the Terrain for a month now. My daily driving is mostly highway and I am only getting about 23 miles a gallon. I didn't expect to get 32 but I did expect more than this. The vehicle also shifts hard and jerky. I think GMC needs to review their claims of great gas mileage before many others are misled. They also owe myself and thousands of other people gas cards!!

Where is the gas mileage?
By jess736 on 09/19/11 16:53 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased a 4 cyl Terrain earlier this year. We like the vehicle overall but are very disappointed with the 21.6 MPG average over the first 9000 miles of driving. Most of the driving is on the freeway. Even on a long trip the best ever on a tank of gas was 23.5mpg. The main reason for us selecting the Terrain over other SUVs was the advertised mileage. We really feel we were scammed. I know that the EPA mileage to be questionable but to exaggerate the numbers by over 33% is almost criminal. Of course the salesman sold us on the 32 MPG but after talking to the service techs they tell me that there is no way that this vehicle can get more that 23 to 24 MPG. Of course now that we ha

First SUV
By driggle on 08/15/11 21:39 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my first try at an SUV. My last car was an Accord, and I have to say I am thrilled I made the jump. I avoided SUVs in the past because of the ride, handling, and noise, but the last 8 months with my Terrain have proved me wrong. I love riding up high, no more falling into or climbing out of the seat. The ride is far more comfortable than my Accord was, the interior has far less road noise, and power from the V6 is much better than my 4 cylinder Accord was (no surprise there!) The cargo versatility is amazing, I love the sound system and the Terrain feels very well put together. I am very happy after 8 months and have had no issues and feel very confident I made the right choice.

Criminal MPG Advertising!!!!
By fathero3 on 08/05/11 15:00 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have never written a review before but feel obligated to warn others of my mistake. I bought my 2011 GMC Terrain in Dec 2010. As of August 2011, I have put close to 20K miles on my vehicle...mostly all highway mileage due to outside sales. After extensive research on this vehicle, and others in its class, I went with the Terrain for the advertised highway MPG. I read all of the reviews that explicitly pointed out that the mileage fell short. I assumed that if it fell short of the 32 MPG around 26-28 MPG, that's still great. I have done everything possible to only get 22-23 MPG at best...at that is in the "ECO" mode. I've developed OCD watching instantaneous fuel economy. Terrible!

The GMC Terrain Rocks!
By lauramil on 07/29/11 20:41 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband and I recently purchased a 2011 GMC Terrain from Wade Raulerson GMC in Gainesville, FL. I get a new vehicle just about every year but this is one ride that I plan on keeping! I have never been so happy with a vehicle. It gets great gas mileage and everywhere I go I receive compliments on it and people ask me where I got it. The ride is smooth, no outside noise inside, the seats are comfortable and there is plenty of backseat room.

Had to share
By cj21 on 07/26/11 09:52 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am the person who always looks at the reviews of cars but never write one. I must say I am compelled to write one on the Terrain. I've had my SUV since Feb. 2011 and I must say I don’t have any major complaints. I use to drive a KIA and that was a lemon. Before that I drove GMC vehicles. I am so glad to drive a GMC again. It was a defiantly change for me going from a V6 to a 4cyl. As far as the gas mileage goes, I am concern about how long a tank of gas for me will last. It last about a week and half to 2 weeks. That’s a lot longer than with the KIA V6. Overall I am glad I got the Terrain. It’s good on bumps & long road trips. If you want to buy this SUV I think you will be happy.

First GMC
By bhallett21 on 07/20/11 09:17 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've only had my Terrain for 2 weeks but so far it has exceeded my expectations. Gas mileage has been between 24-25 mpg combined driving with eco on, fine with me for the size of the vehicle. I bought a 4 cyl because let’s face it; you don't really need all the power of a V-6 unless you tow things. The inside of the Terrain is excellent, I "upgraded" to the SLE2 because I wanted some of the features. Its drives like a dream, I just got out of a lease on a Nissan Altima Coupe and the suspension on the Terrain absorbs bumps much better. It's no sports car but I didn't expect it to be. Anyway I think it fits its job and place in the market perfectly.

love our terrain
By tombeaversr on 06/29/11 20:02 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our terrain in Feb. 2011 and now have over 6700 miles on it. avg. mpg is 24.8 to 29.5 local and 29 to 33.2 hwy. The seats are good butnot as comfortable as the 1999 buick lesable that we had but the terrain does handle much better. The 4 cyl is not a dog if you wind it up but you can definitly tell that the old girl weighs a lot. In stop and go traffic it is real easy to get mpg down to 22. With cruise set at 65-70 on reasonably flat ground we get 29.8-33.2. have not got use to unlock button being in middle of dash. No problems yet. Buick lasted 233,000 miles. Hope this GMC does too.

Gas Mileage Is Terrible
By mjhow on 06/26/11 18:02 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We looked at Hondas, Mazdas and Toyotas. We finally chose the GMC Terrain based upon its size, design and most importantly it 22/32 gas mileage. I live in the South Carolina low country which is quite flat. I took the GMC on two trips to Florida on flat 4 lane easy roads. One to Tampa and one to Jacksonville from Hilton Head Island. Gas mileage to and from Tampa averaged 22-23 miles per gallon, not 32 miles per gallon. While on one trip I made various tests to determine that it is virtually impossible to get 32 miles per gallon. The closest you get is driving under 60 miles an hour on an easy Interstate with no A/C. City mileage is equally as terrible. Do not buy this for gas mileage.

15k later
By tim4711 on 06/25/11 21:52 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

2010 SLE 1 Terrain. I couldn't be happier. Unlike some other unlucky owners my Terrain has performed exactly to spec. My mileage(If I drive under 65mph) hovers right around 27mpg. If I drive over 70 then I get around 24mpg. Around town I am getting 18-20 Mpg. The only issue I have had is my lumbar bladder needed to be replaced. Of course this was a typical GM design error meaning that the replacement was much better. All in all I have no complaints. It's a nice 4cyl. car. For those of you that don't know about the ecotech engine. Try cruising at about 75. I think you might be surprised at how the car feels:)

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 GMC Terrain Suv in VA is:

$114 per month*