Used 2011 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

2011 GMC Terrain

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Do not buy...
By KPG

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Horrible!!! I have a 2011 GMC Terrain, it's been in the shop NUMEROUS times. I was just told the motor needs to be re-built. 3 years old and the motor needs to be re-built. It runs terrible, constantly knocks and is never fixed. It's been in the shop a total of 5 weeks since I've owned it. If you want a good, reliable vehicle, do NOT purchase a terrain. The service department tells me they keep most parts in stock because of so many problems. Not a good vehicle AT ALL.

Don't Bother
By JWConaty

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had nothing but problems with the navigation system & radio starting in year 2. GMC refused to fix it saying I was out of warranty. After a year of "working around the problem," GMC finally recalled the item. Fast-forward 1 year later and my car just passed 100k miles. The timing chain in the engine broke and damaged the engine. GMC acknowledged this is a problem with my model and even adjusted the warranty from 100k miles to 120k miles for this EXACT problem. However the adjustment only covers certain VIN's. GMC has now told me that it will cost $5k+ to replace the damaged engine in a car that is not even 4 years old yet.

Not to mention I was just notified of 2 other recalls on my Terrain. That makes 3 recalls & 1 major non-recall repair in less than 4 years.

I bought GMC because I wanted to buy American and GMC's/Chevy's are supposed to be quality automobiles. I might have considered owning another GMC/Chevy/Buick vehicle in the future if GMC would have just owned up to the problem and covered the repair. Needless to say I will never buy another GMC/Chevy/Buick automobile.

LOVE my Terrain!
By Cydney Odom

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 SLE Terrain with 18000 miles on it. I have had noting negative to say about it thus far. It rides smooth. Getting great gas mileage. Low road noise on the high way. I think the 4 cylinder engine is powerful for what it is. I have a 5'11" girlfriend and she fits very comfortably in this vehicle. Overall, I am thrilled. Would absolutely purchase one of these again!

OnStar, 4 cylinder engine, back up camera.

Save a life and stay away from GMC Terrains
By kevin0304

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Must be one of the most dangerous cars on the road. It WILL stall and leave you stranded on highway, intersection, or a parking lot. And you won't be able to get it restarted. It mysteriously loses oil and will require expensive repairs to get it started again with no guarantee the stalling will stop. You get no warning. GMC won't acknowledge the problem even though service departments have the replace parts packaged and ready as though they know the engine should be recalled. Will be donating the car to the local fire department to do car burning training rather than reselling. I couldn't sleep knowing I sold the car to someone who could die in it.

Great Interior EXterior Not So Much On Performance
By dangerranger48

2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i have to say i love the design of the terrain inside and out and how it drives and rides
but performance could be improved a bit the transmission is sluggish but is good just not geared very good for getting on the interstate the 2.4 is little small for the terrain being a bigger suv

Ride all the gadgets on it backseat room

2.4 needs some improvements and transmission