Used 2011 GMC Terrain SLE-1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

LOVE my Terrain!
By Cydney Odom

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 SLE Terrain with 18000 miles on it. I have had noting negative to say about it thus far. It rides smooth. Getting great gas mileage. Low road noise on the high way. I think the 4 cylinder engine is powerful for what it is. I have a 5'11" girlfriend and she fits very comfortably in this vehicle. Overall, I am thrilled. Would absolutely purchase one of these again!

Favorite Features

OnStar, 4 cylinder engine, back up camera.

Great Interior EXterior Not So Much On Performance
By dangerranger48

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i have to say i love the design of the terrain inside and out and how it drives and rides but performance could be improved a bit the transmission is sluggish but is good just not geared very good for getting on the interstate the 2.4 is little small for the terrain being a bigger suv

Favorite Features

Ride all the gadgets on it backseat room

Suggested Improvements

2.4 needs some improvements and transmission

GMC Terrain - Problem Child
By bytefirst

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a gmc Terrain in 2011 and I thought it was going to be the best car I have ever purchased. Needless to says, I was wrong. This is the worst car I have ever purchased. I have had it for 3 years and it has done nothing but given me problems. I have taken this car to the shop at least 20 times in the last 3 years; and the dealers (Jim Hudson and Love Gmc) kept lying to me about the root cause of my problems. Honestly, they could not fix it. There is a major problem with the car randomly shutting off; and it only happens on the v4 model. Gmc needs to be taken to court; I will never buy another gmc again. I recommend you stay away!

Poor gas mileage / back up camera inside vehicle
By dusebout1

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Gas mileage is not good at all, never had the 32mpg as I was told. Going back and forth to work I average in the summer 29 mpg and in the cold it is even lower, highway driving is even less. Other vehicles I have owned gave me a higher gas mileage than stated on the highway sticker miles going back and forth to work, terribly disappointed with the Terrain. Talked to the dealer and he confirmed there were complaints it wasn't getting the predicted gas mileage. Back up mirror is not reliable, only shows directly behind you without even a little bit of a side view

Favorite Features

Terrain is very comfortable, has all the features needed and more.

Suggested Improvements

Should be honest about the gas mileage. Back up camera should have a beeper when you get close to something.

Back to Toyota!!!!
By dsgarvey

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought a 2011 Terrain SLE-1, then had leather, DVD and sunroof added, just came out cheaper that way. Sunroof messed up within about six months, air condition stopped working around the same time in the middle of summer. The 4 cylinder is so under powered it's pathetic and makes the worst sounds when cranking up. Also here lately it's been dying after being started. Now the gas mileage, well it sucks! GMC must measure MPG alot different than I do, but I have never got close to 32 on the highway. The average with about 70% highway and 30% city stays at 19mpg. We are looking to getting back into a Toyota ASAP while this thing is still running.

Favorite Features

Looks cool

Suggested Improvements

Send the thing back to the factory and start over!