Used 2011 GMC Terrain SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Don't Bother
By JWConaty

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Had nothing but problems with the navigation system & radio starting in year 2. GMC refused to fix it saying I was out of warranty. After a year of "working around the problem," GMC finally recalled the item. Fast-forward 1 year later and my car just passed 100k miles. The timing chain in the engine broke and damaged the engine. GMC acknowledged this is a problem with my model and even adjusted the warranty from 100k miles to 120k miles for this EXACT problem. However the adjustment only covers certain VIN's. GMC has now told me that it will cost $5k+ to replace the damaged engine in a car that is not even 4 years old yet. Not to mention I was just notified of 2 other recalls on my Terrain. That makes 3 recalls & 1 major non-recall repair in less than 4 years. I bought GMC because I wanted to buy American and GMC's/Chevy's are supposed to be quality automobiles. I might have considered owning another GMC/Chevy/Buick vehicle in the future if GMC would have just owned up to the problem and covered the repair. Needless to say I will never buy another GMC/Chevy/Buick automobile.

LOVE my Terrain!
By Cydney Odom

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 SLE Terrain with 18000 miles on it. I have had noting negative to say about it thus far. It rides smooth. Getting great gas mileage. Low road noise on the high way. I think the 4 cylinder engine is powerful for what it is. I have a 5'11" girlfriend and she fits very comfortably in this vehicle. Overall, I am thrilled. Would absolutely purchase one of these again!

OnStar, 4 cylinder engine, back up camera.

Save a life and stay away from GMC Terrains
By kevin0304

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Must be one of the most dangerous cars on the road. It WILL stall and leave you stranded on highway, intersection, or a parking lot. And you won't be able to get it restarted. It mysteriously loses oil and will require expensive repairs to get it started again with no guarantee the stalling will stop. You get no warning. GMC won't acknowledge the problem even though service departments have the replace parts packaged and ready as though they know the engine should be recalled. Will be donating the car to the local fire department to do car burning training rather than reselling. I couldn't sleep knowing I sold the car to someone who could die in it.

Great Interior EXterior Not So Much On Performance
By dangerranger48

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

i have to say i love the design of the terrain inside and out and how it drives and rides but performance could be improved a bit the transmission is sluggish but is good just not geared very good for getting on the interstate the 2.4 is little small for the terrain being a bigger suv

Ride all the gadgets on it backseat room

2.4 needs some improvements and transmission

GM Terrain-worst car in history
By hategmterrain

2011 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We are desperate not to die...Our 2011 GM Terrain is stalling again. After being stranded in a snow storm last winter when the time belt went on a relatively new car with only 50K miles on it, the car has been stalling and shutting down on us while driving, engine light going on. It's a LIFE RISK and no one is minding the shop. We have taken the car numerous times to Varney GMC in Bangor and there is no real help. We are fully aware of the conspiracy after the collapse and cutting corners but this is outrageous. We are told "nothing is wrong with the car"-REALLY? The engine light is always on, and yet no one takes it seriously!!! Please help us not to die!!! No one there bothered to us about