2011 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
Can't wait to sell
By garydekko on 07/27/13 11:35 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Problems 1.poor gas mileage. After letter to GMC dealer response. Drive slower 2.Wipers bounced across windshield. dealer replaced but said good you brought in now as in a few days (90) dealer wouldn't replace. 3.air conditioner freezes up twice. Dealer can't find problem. 4. Transmission shifts vary poorly 5.Wheels wouldn't hold tire pressure. Dealer over-inflated to hold pressure. After 2 years tires how hold pressure. Worst car I ever purchased and can't wait to trade.

Horrible MPG
By mea5 on 05/08/13 16:09 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Dealer claimed 22 city and 32 HWY and I have never gotten better than 23 MPG and that was on a road trip with all highway driving. I only purchased this car because of the MPG. I would never have purchased had I know GMC lied about the MPG. I typicalley average 18-20 MPG with city and highway driving combined.

Using Oil
By graygrandma on 09/02/12 19:05 PM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I agree with all the disappointing remarks regarding gas mileage. I don't care if it's the EPA or GMC - the public deserves the truth! My big worry now is that it's using oil. My car was showing 50+% life left before my oil change. The engine was making a loud noise and I took it to the dealer to find I had no oil showing on the dip stick. The check engine light NEVER came on! Since then my husband has consistantly checked the oil level and we have to keep adding oil in between oil changes. I have never had to do that with my vehicles. Anyone else using oil?

I got suckered into buying this based on Gas Mileage
By vlazo on 06/07/12 08:57 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Im very disappointed in my purchase of the 2011 GMC Terrian. When i bought this i was told like most about the amazing gas milegae that ranged from 23-32 mpg so i made the decision that for my first new car i would go with the 2.4L 4 cylinder FWD model to maximaze fuel econonmy. I have never seen more then 23.6 miles per gallon and that was after putting in premium gasoline(which is not called for i was just doing anything i could to get better gas mileage) and highway driving...whats wrong with this picture??? I average 21.9 mgh normally & my car has 21,000 miles so it doesnt need to b broke in like i was told by my dealer.

Gas Mileage
By bwall2 on 01/28/12 15:13 PM (PST)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd posting about the horrible gas mileage of this vehicle. I would love a class action suit for performance....I bought it for the 32 mpg expecting to receive at least 27-28 mpg. How disgusting! I like driving my Camry Hybrid - 38-41 mpg - and 76,000 miles on it. No more GM products for me!

very disapointed
By lapitino on 12/21/11 16:06 PM (PST)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am very unhappy with my 2011 model. It is less than one year old and only has 15,000 miles on it. In the last two weeks it has been in for repair 3 different times. It has gone in for multiple issues, 2 out of 3 are yet to be fixed. I have been in a rental car for a total of 12 days now. My fear is that this is a sign of things to come. I plan to ask for a replacement vehicle or I will absolutely be contacting the Connecticut Department of Consumer Protection. Did I mention the gas mileage it NOT what was advertised??

My most favorite vehicle yet
By debsop on 03/04/11 12:28 PM (PST)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've owned quite a few cars in my 40 years of driving and I am loving my 2011 Terrain the most. My husband and I are probably a salesman's worse nightmare when it comes to going over every detail, however the Terrain excels at all and for the price you can drive the vehicle loaded up with a more comfortable ride than the Cadillac version. We test drove both and I found the Cadillac to wallow on the road, struggle and scream on the highway for lack of power and the Terrain is as smooth as silk. I've owned Grand Ams, Mustangs, Firebirds, Monte Carlos and bang for buck this is as close to I'm probably going to get to an Escalade. Can't think of a thing I'd like to add to it.

Great car, would like more options
By tommyycar on 02/14/11 08:18 AM (PST)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have had this car for a year and we like it very much. We bought this for my wife to drive, but I also use it a lot. As a matter of fact, when it is time for me to trade my Lexus this summer, I would buy a Terrain for myself in a heartbeat if it just had some more goodies. I know that GM markets this as a family car, but it is also the perfect car for traveling empty nesters who need some cargo capacity but also want good fuel mileage. In my opinion, GM is missing the boat by not adding an empty nester package to include things like power passenger seat, power sliding back seat, power adjusting steering wheel, rain sensing wipers. Maybe a Cadillac version!?

2011 GMC Terrain
By wayne macewich on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased 2011 Terrain SLT 2 FWD 4cyl about three weeks ago. Traded in a Ford Explorer V8 AWD that got 16-17 MPG & I'm now getting 22 plus MPG for my daily driving. Never used the AWD & the V8 to its fullest potential, so it won't be missed. The Terrain is very quiet and the Pioneer sound system is one of the best I've ever heard. Can't say anything negative about the Terrain so far.

Back to American
By Moon on 10/19/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought a 2011 Terrain after driving Hondas for almost 18 years. Didn't like the style of the CR-V and Pilot was too bulky. Get lots of compliments on the style of the Terrain and interior quality is very good. Picked this over Lexus, Infiniti, and Cadillac. Price was right so time to give American cars another look. So far, so good.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2011 GMC Terrain in VA is:

$124 per month*