Used 2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Can't wait to sell
By garydekko

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Problems 1.poor gas mileage. After letter to GMC dealer response. Drive slower 2.Wipers bounced across windshield. dealer replaced but said good you brought in now as in a few days (90) dealer wouldn't replace. 3.air conditioner freezes up twice. Dealer can't find problem. 4. Transmission shifts vary poorly 5.Wheels wouldn't hold tire pressure. Dealer over-inflated to hold pressure. After 2 years tires how hold pressure. Worst car I ever purchased and can't wait to trade.

Favorite Features

American auto manufactures having major problems meeting mileage by government and making bad cars an d we as customers are the losers.

Suggested Improvements

Under powered engine causing many problems.

Horrible MPG
By mea5

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Dealer claimed 22 city and 32 HWY and I have never gotten better than 23 MPG and that was on a road trip with all highway driving. I only purchased this car because of the MPG. I would never have purchased had I know GMC lied about the MPG. I typicalley average 18-20 MPG with city and highway driving combined.

Favorite Features

nothing, so bitter about the gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

stop lying about MPG!

Using Oil
By graygrandma

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I agree with all the disappointing remarks regarding gas mileage. I don't care if it's the EPA or GMC - the public deserves the truth! My big worry now is that it's using oil. My car was showing 50+% life left before my oil change. The engine was making a loud noise and I took it to the dealer to find I had no oil showing on the dip stick. The check engine light NEVER came on! Since then my husband has consistantly checked the oil level and we have to keep adding oil in between oil changes. I have never had to do that with my vehicles. Anyone else using oil?

Favorite Features

I love the body style and the backseat leg room.

Suggested Improvements

Be honest about gas mileage. Put the buttons for the electric windows so that both driver & passenger can control the front door windows.

I got suckered into buying this based on Gas Mileage
By vlazo

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Im very disappointed in my purchase of the 2011 GMC Terrian. When i bought this i was told like most about the amazing gas milegae that ranged from 23-32 mpg so i made the decision that for my first new car i would go with the 2.4L 4 cylinder FWD model to maximaze fuel econonmy. I have never seen more then 23.6 miles per gallon and that was after putting in premium gasoline(which is not called for i was just doing anything i could to get better gas mileage) and highway driving...whats wrong with this picture??? I average 21.9 mgh normally & my car has 21,000 miles so it doesnt need to b broke in like i was told by my dealer.

Favorite Features

Comfortable ride but vehicles power sucks! Interior with all the features is nice to have but so what i cant afford to drive it at this point. I took a bath on this. I lost my $8000 for trade and ive paid $4500 to drive this vehicle for 10 months now i want to get ride of it and i cant get more then what i owe $24000... i was suckered by GMC and my Dealer into believeing that this car would get what its advertised to get!! Maybe the commerical should read...In a perfect word this suv could get 32mpg highway but in the real world its no where close so keep dreaming and has no power to back it up.

Suggested Improvements

maybe advertise the real fuel economy. I did a 3 and 1/2hr trip to Maine from Massusetts and at best when i calucted my gas myself got 21.7 on way there and 22.4 on way back and i was going 70mph cruse control. VERY UNHAPPY with being mislead, never wouldve bought a GMC TERRRAIN if i knew it was gonna be this poor.

Gas Mileage
By bwall2

2011 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This is my 3rd posting about the horrible gas mileage of this vehicle. I would love a class action suit for performance....I bought it for the 32 mpg expecting to receive at least 27-28 mpg. How disgusting! I like driving my Camry Hybrid - 38-41 mpg - and 76,000 miles on it. No more GM products for me!

Favorite Features

None

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage