Would not buy again.
By Ron on
2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
We liked the idea of 32 MPG highway but it has fallen far short of that. We are only getting about 25-26 MPG on the highway. We mostly drive about 68 mph with cruise control. GMC should be charged with false advertising. We took it into the dealer, Dick Norris of Clearwater, Florida and they supposedly checked it out on the "Computer" and found nothing wrong. We have already told everybody that asks about the Terrain and we mentioned the gas mileage problem to all of them. We are now stuck with this "Lemon" for three years and will never buy another GMC product. Sorry, but just telling the truth.
Favorite Features
Looks.
Suggested Improvements
Be more understanding of customers concerns by the dealer.
By kohl1177
on 02/01/11 08:57 AM (PST)

I have a friend who works at a Chevrolet dealership who told me about a service bulletin on the terrain. The fuel pump is leaking gas into the oil system. When you check the oil it is always overfull. After telling the GMC dealership about this they finally replaced mine. I was told this was a factor in the lower gas mileage. Too bad GMC issued this as a service bulletin and not a recall. I guess if my engine goes bad because of this they will be replacing it. Just got this done yesterday so I will see how the gas mileage improves.

By fedor2
on 06/07/11 10:57 AM (PDT)

Ron apparently loves his Terrain judging by his ratings of other issues; getting fifteen percent less mieage apparently is a "Deal Breaker". First, General Motors does not certify the mileage ratings, The Environmental Protection Agency is responsible for all vehicle mileage ratings. In addition there are other issues other than speed which other members have cited. For instance, the amount of ethanol contained in much gasoline cuts mileage considerably and in proportion to the amount of ethanol in the fuel. Ron might try finding a supplier which does not use ethanol in its fuel; In some areas that is not possible and the ethanol level can be as much as seventeen percent. Another factor can be if the vehicle is used with the windows rolled down at speeds over about thirty-five miles an hour. Conversely, too low an air conditioning setting may require the a/c compressor to stay on longer since it is uses a cycle-compressor system rather than reheat climate control. Setting the climate control to a comfortable setting and letting it do its job is more efficient It seems a shame to be so condemnatory over mileage alone. The vehicle deserves better!

By karioth1
on 03/08/11 07:19 AM (PST)

I noted in your post that you say the mileage isn't 32 but you are driving 68 with CC. Most MPG figures assume 55 mph if I'm not mistaken, the faster you go in any car the worse your mileage will be!