Reliable but junk!
By gsdhank on
2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)
I drive 40,000 miles a year, and I will say that this is a reliable vehicle but the good ends there. when my full size Ford F-150 4x4 gets better mileage there is definitely something wrong here. I averaged slightly under 20 mpg over the coarse of 35,000 miles. driving gravel roads the cab fills with dust and i gave up cleaning the interior. i have the 3.0L v-6 and it is gutless, absolutely no power. also I am 6' 1" and head room is non- existent. I have no idea why people like this vehicle for anything besides the looks. the seats are rock hard, cruise control acts goofy, I hate the way the transmission shifts, climate control doesn't work the way it should.
Favorite Features
looks and sound system, and reliability are excellent.
Suggested Improvements
should scrap this vehicle for good, body quality is terrible, seal the door jams better, give it an engine with low end power not at 5000 rpm, give it a transmission that shifts when it is supposed to and shift fast like it is supposed to, better seats, more head and leg room.
By shadowtrax
on 08/20/12 12:54 PM (PDT)

Wow! You must not have tried to adjust the seat in your Terrain! Folks, I am 6' 7" and 265lbs - I found that the Terrain/Equinox have the most head/leg room out of any car/SUV I've driven - and I've spent days trying all of them. At 6'7" I still have a few inches of head room, and leg room is better than any vehicle I've tried - can put my left leg almost straight out. BUT, of course I had to put the seat all the way back, then all the way down, and tilt it back - without doing this I would not have the room. This is a great car for tall drivers!!

By mndreamin
on 03/23/11 13:47 PM (PDT)

i am not sure what this gentleman is talking about. I picked up my 2011 with the 3.0 AWD SLT-2 mid August of 2010. I have placed roughly 14,000 miles on to date with nothing but glowing remarks so far. First, I am 6' 5" 250 lbs and this vehicle has plenty of head room and leg room (I would suggest he works with the seat settings as I have 4 inches of head room to spare at my current setting. Also with the drivers seat moved all the way back it is difficult to grab the steering wheel, Plenty of leg room Second the gutless engine comment is not something that I have found. This is in the small SUV sector and I have driven the 2010 Cherokee, CRX and Ford Escape. None of these hold any water power wise to the Terrain. I would agree that there is a bit of a strange shift particularly in the 60-65 mph range. I would also agree that the seats are a bit hard but comfortable for every day city driving and shorter road trips to 4 hours. In terms of Mileage it is an SUV. I am currently getting 22 MPG in almost 100% city road and city highway driving. Either this guy got a bad apple or he is not driving the same vehicle as most of us