Used 2010 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews - 188 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Terrain

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

piece of garbage
By miss p

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car was put in the shop every other week. As a single mom I had came down To feed the family or fix car. I want or need To give this one back to GM. I will take a huge loss I had to replace major parts in this car. I only had it less than Two years! DO NOT PURCHASE A TERRIAN...

30k miles blown transmission
By Jack

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Piece of crap. Needed wheel bearing replaced @10k miles. Engine noise from oil starvation to top end at startup. 33k miles and one week out of warranty and GM will only cover part of the repair. Cost me $1400 for a trans rebuild. GMC is so confident in their transmissions that they don't bother to give you a dipstick to check your tranny fluid. 5yr 100k miles warranty?

Not a Country Car
By Doug T.

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We had driven Ford Explorers for many years and thought we would give the Terrain a try partly due to it's touted fuel mileage. As we live on a ranch and drive under different road conditions depending on the time of the year, we purchased the AWD. It was a bad decision. The mileage advertised at the time was 32 mpg and we were lucky to get 25 mpg under the best of conditions. The transmission was so high geared that we had to manually put it in low and ride the brakes on steep grades. The overall workmanship interior/exterior was poor, with plastics being major components throughout. The worst was the ground clearance, which was ridiculous for a so-called SUV. We encountered several damages by driving road good paved roads, when something would be thrown up from the tires and doing damage. The final straw was my wife hitting a jack rabbit at 50 mph, causing enough damage that the vehicle had to be towed and repair costs were $1,800.00. Owning it less than two years and with less than 45,000 miles on it, we traded it in for another make. I would recommend that you not buy this vehicle unless you live in town, don't care about gas mileage and just want to say you drive a SUV.

Lemon in the making
By ericdm33

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I was really looking forward to owning this vehicle when I purchased it. Now just 5 years and 70k miles in, I'm currently dealing with my 3rd breakdown.

This was my first American built vehicle ever, and it may very well be my last.

The chrome pieces on the dash which reflect sunlight directly into your eyes while driving.

Stop being cheap and cutting corners American auto industry.

cute car but unreliable with ongoing issues
By aestabrook

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car new in 2010. within 6 months there was trouble. oil issues, check engine light with no real causes, throttle body replacement, stalling on the highway, stalling on side roads, general unreliability. I have been towed into the dealer 9 times since purchase for dying on the side of some road.
It burns oil for no reason. GMC and dealer just say too bad, and tell me to check it every 1000 miles between oil changes. I typically add between 1 to 2.5 quarts every 1500 miles.
The car is comfortable, and spacious for having two car seats in it, BUT that comfort does not outweight its ongoin challenges. I would get rid of it if i had the money to.

spacious

reliability, oil challenges, among the many