Used 2010 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Worse vehicle I have ever had!
By texas322

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have never had so many problems with a new vehicle as we have had with this one. They had to replace timing chain, a rattling noise is still very loud but they tell us there is nothing wrong, drive the car to work and back and no engine light turned on or anything just a loud knocking noes in the motor every time we pressed gas.. Little did we know that the car had no engine oil... But it still showed it had 40% oil life. Don't know where the oil is going. This is the second time it's happened to us. We have to check oil at least every 2 weeks.. This is a 2010 car. Mileage is not what it says it is..

Only thing I like is the interior and the exterior of car..

New engine in just under 3 years
By rhoda13

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Wow, 1 day to the 3 year anniversary and engine light goes on. Code P0172. Fuel pump low pressure, fuel line crack and gas leaking into engine and oil... Oil 3 quarts low... GM warranty is supplying a New Engine! Just wow, I get a new engine, but what other trouble will this cause? Transimission problem? I hope not.. I hope it gets fixed 100%. Wish us luck.

style of vehicle is nice, but now the 2010 Terrain is getting a brand new engine in 2013 !

Bad First Car Experience
By elizabeth87

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Terrain as a brand new model when it first came in at our local dealership in October, 2010. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. I have had to have my transmission re-calibrated 3 or more times now, I have about 1 to 1-1/2 quarts of oil drain out when an oil change is done every 3,000 miles.. I have had a camshaft actuator replaced, many different solenoids replaced, a cracked timing chain tensioner bracket replaced, my exhaust manifold gasket was leaking, a wheel bearing go out at about 20,000-30,000 miles, & have had a carbon clean out done 3 times in the last 6 months because it's causing my car to shut off. I am currently looking to trade this in.

The car has very comfortable seating. Gas mileage is pretty good at 24 mpg. The car handles great.

Blind spots are pretty bad in the front, and back, it takes a bit of getting used to at first.. The window switch seemed to be too far forward, as I always roll down my back windows when trying to roll down my own.. Even with my seat moved up. I would like if the rear windows vented. The chrome on the inside dash area blinds you if the sun shines on it.. That's not very fun.

Can't wait to pick up my new car!
By lmbt969

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My family is picking up our 2010 GMC Terrain on Monday (tomorrow) and we are SO excited! It is actually used with 30,000 miles but its new to us! We took the car for almost an entire day last week (my very close friend is the manager of the dealership) and absolutely loved it. I drive a 2008 Tahoe for work and just can't imagine spending that kind of money on gas considering how much city driving I do. I love love love the interior and exterior styling of the Terrain. I agree with the "numb steering" feel, but I'm used to it from the Tahoe. We were impressed with the gas mileage, but long term remains to be seen. We were in the market for a 4cyl SUV and this one fit the bill!

The INCREDIBLE exterior looks!

Move the chrome accents near the shifter, terrible sun glare from it.

Finally a vehicle tall people can enjoy :)
By theburr4

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our gas mileage is 18.9 MPG. Many people don't like the red lighting but my family & I think it's pretty cool. The fabric seats aren't that attractive but they are comfortable & they seat my tall family very nicely with room to spare. This really is a beautiful, nice, and safe feeling SUV. It feels solid and drives well up mountain roads. The onstar is awesome along with the XM Radio and Ipod USB Port. I've only driven in the snow once with my AWD Terrain. It was brand new and I was nervous. I thought I was stuck and my Dad said "Come on and give it some gas!" No problem I got through their non-maintained road. The engine idle sound is horrible & embarrassing but we still love the car.

The exterior. The gorgeous black color. The red interior lighting, the fact that it seats my tall family very comfortably and with room to spare. My boys are 6'3" and 6'4" and they love this car. My husband is 6'1 and I'm 5'11 we sit in the front seats and we have plenty of room and are very comfortable. XM Radio and Ipod USB hook up. the back seats recline a tiny bit :) My brother is 6'8" and he sits comfortably in our passenger front seat. Honestly the gas isn't that great on this vehicle but for the comfort, hopefully dependability-time will tell, style, room, and very reasonable price this car is definitely worth it.

The chrome on the dash is way to bright when the sun hits it; It is an awful glare. If you get migraines like me you will need some good sun glasses. The controls to the instrument panel are a bit hard to reach. The seats aren't that attractive. The most annoying thing is the sound of the engine. It sounds like an old clunker. We thought something was wrong with it and took it back to the dealership and they said that is the way they sound. We then remembered back when the salesman started the car for us he turned the radio on immediately and kind of loud so we couldn't hear the engine sound I'm sure. Many people/ strangers have came up to us & told us something was wrong with our car