Used 2010 GMC Terrain Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Can't wait to pick up my new car!
By lmbt969

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My family is picking up our 2010 GMC Terrain on Monday (tomorrow) and we are SO excited! It is actually used with 30,000 miles but its new to us! We took the car for almost an entire day last week (my very close friend is the manager of the dealership) and absolutely loved it. I drive a 2008 Tahoe for work and just can't imagine spending that kind of money on gas considering how much city driving I do. I love love love the interior and exterior styling of the Terrain. I agree with the "numb steering" feel, but I'm used to it from the Tahoe. We were impressed with the gas mileage, but long term remains to be seen. We were in the market for a 4cyl SUV and this one fit the bill!

Favorite Features

The INCREDIBLE exterior looks!

Suggested Improvements

Move the chrome accents near the shifter, terrible sun glare from it.

Finally a vehicle tall people can enjoy :)
By theburr4

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Our gas mileage is 18.9 MPG. Many people don't like the red lighting but my family & I think it's pretty cool. The fabric seats aren't that attractive but they are comfortable & they seat my tall family very nicely with room to spare. This really is a beautiful, nice, and safe feeling SUV. It feels solid and drives well up mountain roads. The onstar is awesome along with the XM Radio and Ipod USB Port. I've only driven in the snow once with my AWD Terrain. It was brand new and I was nervous. I thought I was stuck and my Dad said "Come on and give it some gas!" No problem I got through their non-maintained road. The engine idle sound is horrible & embarrassing but we still love the car.

Favorite Features

The exterior. The gorgeous black color. The red interior lighting, the fact that it seats my tall family very comfortably and with room to spare. My boys are 6'3" and 6'4" and they love this car. My husband is 6'1 and I'm 5'11 we sit in the front seats and we have plenty of room and are very comfortable. XM Radio and Ipod USB hook up. the back seats recline a tiny bit :) My brother is 6'8" and he sits comfortably in our passenger front seat. Honestly the gas isn't that great on this vehicle but for the comfort, hopefully dependability-time will tell, style, room, and very reasonable price this car is definitely worth it.

Suggested Improvements

The chrome on the dash is way to bright when the sun hits it; It is an awful glare. If you get migraines like me you will need some good sun glasses. The controls to the instrument panel are a bit hard to reach. The seats aren't that attractive. The most annoying thing is the sound of the engine. It sounds like an old clunker. We thought something was wrong with it and took it back to the dealership and they said that is the way they sound. We then remembered back when the salesman started the car for us he turned the radio on immediately and kind of loud so we couldn't hear the engine sound I'm sure. Many people/ strangers have came up to us & told us something was wrong with our car

Would not buy again.
By Ron

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We liked the idea of 32 MPG highway but it has fallen far short of that. We are only getting about 25-26 MPG on the highway. We mostly drive about 68 mph with cruise control. GMC should be charged with false advertising. We took it into the dealer, Dick Norris of Clearwater, Florida and they supposedly checked it out on the "Computer" and found nothing wrong. We have already told everybody that asks about the Terrain and we mentioned the gas mileage problem to all of them. We are now stuck with this "Lemon" for three years and will never buy another GMC product. Sorry, but just telling the truth.

Favorite Features

Looks.

Suggested Improvements

Be more understanding of customers concerns by the dealer.

V6 with AWD
By JR

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle with 4800 miles on it, now has 10500 and have loved it. Get 17-19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The transmission does have a "different" shifting to it but not a big deal.Have gotten several compliments about the styling and such. GMC could do some improvements to it but that would be nit-picking on my part. Had a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe (for 8 years) and love the Terrain much more.

Favorite Features

Good V6 power, handling, styling, get the mpg that is stated on the sticker.

Suggested Improvements

Power passenger seat, more storage area/bins, rear AC vents, more sound deadening(wind/road noise).

Reliable but junk!
By gsdhank

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I drive 40,000 miles a year, and I will say that this is a reliable vehicle but the good ends there. when my full size Ford F-150 4x4 gets better mileage there is definitely something wrong here. I averaged slightly under 20 mpg over the coarse of 35,000 miles. driving gravel roads the cab fills with dust and i gave up cleaning the interior. i have the 3.0L v-6 and it is gutless, absolutely no power. also I am 6' 1" and head room is non- existent. I have no idea why people like this vehicle for anything besides the looks. the seats are rock hard, cruise control acts goofy, I hate the way the transmission shifts, climate control doesn't work the way it should.

Favorite Features

looks and sound system, and reliability are excellent.

Suggested Improvements

should scrap this vehicle for good, body quality is terrible, seal the door jams better, give it an engine with low end power not at 5000 rpm, give it a transmission that shifts when it is supposed to and shift fast like it is supposed to, better seats, more head and leg room.