2010 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
V6 with AWD
By JR on 11/13/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Bought this vehicle with 4800 miles on it, now has 10500 and have loved it. Get 17-19 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway. The transmission does have a "different" shifting to it but not a big deal.Have gotten several compliments about the styling and such. GMC could do some improvements to it but that would be nit-picking on my part. Had a 2002 Hyundai Santa Fe (for 8 years) and love the Terrain much more.

Reliable but junk!
By gsdhank on 11/09/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I drive 40,000 miles a year, and I will say that this is a reliable vehicle but the good ends there. when my full size Ford F-150 4x4 gets better mileage there is definitely something wrong here. I averaged slightly under 20 mpg over the coarse of 35,000 miles. driving gravel roads the cab fills with dust and i gave up cleaning the interior. i have the 3.0L v-6 and it is gutless, absolutely no power. also I am 6' 1" and head room is non- existent. I have no idea why people like this vehicle for anything besides the looks. the seats are rock hard, cruise control acts goofy, I hate the way the transmission shifts, climate control doesn't work the way it should.

Great Car
By FirstGMC on 11/05/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I've been driving the fully loaded 6 cyl model for almost 10,000 miles, and my wife and I both love it. We've gotten a lot of (favorable) comments. The ride is great, the fuel economy has been just as advertised, and the NAV system, Bluetooth, and other features are great. I've had a couple of minor issues, but the dealer was able to take care of them with no problems. I'd recommend this car to anyone looking gfor a small SUV.

Great Auto
By D Evans on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven this Terrain 8000 miles and enjoyed every mile. I have had Park avenues GMC Trucks Olds bravada Roadmasters . This is by far the most enjoyable auto I have ever had. I suspect the folks that are complaining about the mileage have a heavy foot and just want to complain about something so they don't have to take responsibility for the mileage. I have driven through the smokies with this auto and the 4 cylinder has performed well. I have learned how to use the manual shift which helps greatly in mountains and in the city.I always limit the the trans to 5th gear in the city and do the same in the mountains This is a great vehicle and I think Gm is building some great products

Mileage issues
By eileen on 10/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I really like my four cylinder, 2010 Gmc Terrain, but it is getting nowhere near the listed mileage of 6.1 L per 100 km.

A Great Buy
By John up North on 10/16/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have had my Terrain 4Cyl now for two months. I am very happy with it. Fun to drive, feels rock solid on the road and delivers good gas mileage. I keep track of every tankful and so far my best mileage is 37 mpg on a highway run and the worst is exactly 30mpg which was a combination of city and highway. However, the engine sounds like a can of marbles when accelerating gently. Sounds like pre-ignition. Dealer says "they all do it." Well, no, they don't. GM is aware of the problem with some of the 4 cyl engines in the Terrain and the Equinox and is planning an ECM upgrade. I have to run the car on Super gas to alleviate the darn noise when accelerating. Other than that, no complaints.

Not for the Interstate Hwys
By Not Hills on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The 4 cyl Terrain lacks power to use cruise control on Interstate Hwys if there are any hills at all. The Tach will goes from 2000 to 4000 and roar like hell on any little rise. In town and on flat land highways it performs fine. It is comfortable for driving and looks fine. I suggest, however, if you can afford the extra dollars, buy the 6 cyl.

Keeping track of fuel mileage
By maddog2010 on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-2 4dr SUV AWD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have kept track since day one. 15 km to present 8046 km. Driving has been mixed 70/30 city driving. I am averaging 9.474 - 15.67 Ltrs/100 km or 21.89 to 31.98 miles per gallon. My Terrain is a SLE2 AWD 6 cylinder.

Very nice
By Al on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Rides and handles well. Comfortable and roomy. Easy to get in and out of. Surprisingly good performance for a small motor. Drove at interstate speeds and through mountains with 24 mpg avg. (using own calculations). Car has good Visibility.Secure feeling with all the safety features.

Absolutely Love It
By Love It on 09/27/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I traded the GMC Envoy for the Terrain and the difference in the gas mileage is truly welcomed. The performance is fantastic. The Terrain appears to hug the road when going around curves. I also like how the rear seat can be extended to the backs of the front seats for easy access to items stored in the back seat. Personally, I cannot say enough good things about the Terrain.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 GMC Terrain in VA is:

$113 per month*