2010 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
87,000 miles and switching
By drstubb1 on 11/06/13 12:53 PM (PST)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Terrain new. My wife drives daily to work and in less than 3 years we already have 87,000 miles. We bought the car because we were informed that the mpg would be 31 or so. We've never gotten better than 27 and usually we're at 24-26 mpg with the 4 cylinder on eco. We've had problems with the lift gate, timing chain knocking, and at 80,000 miles we changed the tranny oil. It was black! Since then we've continued to feel it slip. Driving in the back seat is a horrific experience for people with good backs! It's too straight up and down. The AC has broken down twice in 2 years!

Worse vehicle I have ever had!
By texas322 on 04/07/13 19:31 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have never had so many problems with a new vehicle as we have had with this one. They had to replace timing chain, a rattling noise is still very loud but they tell us there is nothing wrong, drive the car to work and back and no engine light turned on or anything just a loud knocking noes in the motor every time we pressed gas.. Little did we know that the car had no engine oil... But it still showed it had 40% oil life. Don't know where the oil is going. This is the second time it's happened to us. We have to check oil at least every 2 weeks.. This is a 2010 car. Mileage is not what it says it is..

Very nice
By Al on 10/03/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Rides and handles well. Comfortable and roomy. Easy to get in and out of. Surprisingly good performance for a small motor. Drove at interstate speeds and through mountains with 24 mpg avg. (using own calculations). Car has good Visibility.Secure feeling with all the safety features.

32 Hwy. EPA is a big lie.
By Ron Bowman on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The number one reason for buying the 4 cyl. Terrain was the 32 MPG Hwy. advertised. This could not be more wrong. We recently drove over 2400 miles which most was interstate highway and averaged only about 25 MPG. We are senior citizens and this was mostly on cruise control at less that the listed highway speed. We are very disgusted with this poor hwy. mileage and will certainly not recommend this vehicle to friends and family.We could have bought another Town and Country which is a 6 cyl. and we averaged over 25 MPG on the last one we owned prior to the Terrain.

Love our Terrain
By Matthew on 08/10/10 20:23 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'll start out by saying my only complaint with our Terrain is the turning radius isn't that great. It doesn't always bother you but on making u turns you sometimes have to back up if the road isnt wide. Other than that we LOVE our Terrain. I read someone said it took 3 hours for onstar to get someone to them. IT probably took 3 hours for whomever was coming but be happy onstar was there. Ive had to use onstar several times and in a accident. That voice coming over automatically telling me help is on the way and I don't have to look for a cell which mine was broken. Its awesome to know my car will help me if needed. I love the comfort, the looks. I have people all the time stop me to say its nice!!

Never Again
By Never again on 08/05/10 18:12 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Worst engine noise ever - told it is normal. Road noise even with noise cancellation system awful. Nice to look at - not to drive. Gas mileage disappointing. Hate red dash lights and bright chrome in center of dash. GM's answer was sell it, turn the radio up and/or it is only noise get over it. Fuel injectors, fuel pump, valve lifters - sounds like a diesel. Loyal GM owner for 40 plus years - never again.

Love my Terrain
By HappyOwner on 07/18/10 19:48 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My Terrain has worked great for me. I have about 2500 miles driven. I am a 6'2", 375 pound guy who has an artificial leg on one side & a big brace on the other leg. So I needed a car that had great leg room, head room, and belly room. Also needed to set high off ground so getting in & out was easy. The Terrain was my best choice after looking at about 30 different SUVs. It is working great. It has good second row room,& plenty of space in back for big load of groceries or luggage. I also like the smaller size. I have a lift on the back hauling a scooter. I can still fit in parking spaces. I highly recommend it for people needing lots of room up front - it had more than even the biggest SUVs

Disappointed
By Tonya on 06/27/10 08:27 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The overall review for this vehicle is Poor and not well thought out!. It is 2010 and why this vehicle do not have dual air control and a rear air vent is very surprising! If the vehicle had an option to change the red dash board lights, I probably could overlook everything else. I do not drive my vehicle at night because of the red lights. Q&A must not have been done on this vehicle during night time.

GMC Terrain - Buyer Beware!
By dkoontz on 06/23/10 11:09 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Why buy a Terrain? For me it was the promise of best in class highway fuel economy, rated at 32 mpg with the 4 cylinder. Took delivery of my SLT Terrain last December and now have around 7200 miles on the vehicle. My average highway mpg: 25.1! Well says GM, your mileage may vary. OK I get that. But in every case I've driven pure highway (Interstate) miles, I've used cruise control and driven at or below the posted speed limit (sometimes 60, never more than 70). So GM exactly what am I doing wrong? To put in mildly, I'm disgusted with GM and the vehicle after initially loving it. If considering the 4 cyl, do yourself a favor and look at the 6. Or better yet, buy and import!

SLT-1 3.0 V6 Nice!
By dolisa on 05/07/10 07:27 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My husband was kind enough to say "I will buy it for you". His money is not wasted, I love my new ride. The red stitching on the leather seats was a nice surprise. The car has a great solid ride. Very little road noise. With the V-6, I was not expecting to get the best mileage, but it does get about 19 mpg. It will probably get a little better. Still, it only takes about 2 gal a day to go back and forth to work. Yeah for me!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 GMC Terrain Suv in VA is:

$116 per month*