Used 2010 GMC Terrain SLE-1 SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Terrain SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

2010 GMC Terrain Do not Buy!!!!
By Ever

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Very expensive for junk suv!! Rather put more $$$ to Toyota Rav4 or Honda CR-V.

cute car but unreliable with ongoing issues
By aestabrook

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased this car new in 2010. within 6 months there was trouble. oil issues, check engine light with no real causes, throttle body replacement, stalling on the highway, stalling on side roads, general unreliability. I have been towed into the dealer 9 times since purchase for dying on the side of some road. It burns oil for no reason. GMC and dealer just say too bad, and tell me to check it every 1000 miles between oil changes. I typically add between 1 to 2.5 quarts every 1500 miles. The car is comfortable, and spacious for having two car seats in it, BUT that comfort does not outweight its ongoin challenges. I would get rid of it if i had the money to.

spacious

reliability, oil challenges, among the many

Not worth buying
By bxgirl

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Purchased my Terrain soon as it hit dealerships during its release. I've never visited a dealership so many times and have had so many problems with a vehicle. Since having this vehicle I've had problems with the vehicle shutting off in the middle of intersections due to the senor oxygen (engine control) needing to be replaced to due cold starting the vehicle, the rear control arm bushings, the stabilizer shaft, the exhaust manifold all of which needed to be replaced. Now, GM was trying to hit me over the head and charge me for the timing chain which they try putting on me for not changing the oil. Luckily I saved all my receipts and they had to eat the $847 bill.

Malfunctions - timing change, noise, oil pouring out
By dlatour

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

At 35,000 miles the timing change had to be changed. At 51,000 miles I brought it in for engine noise that was extremely loud and an oil film on the undercarriage. Told that the noise and oil was normal. Today at 54,000 miles it appears all of the oil drained out of the motor. Beside the huge puddle on the driveway there is oil from the front of the car to the rear of the car.

Bad First Car Experience
By elizabeth87

2010 GMC Terrain SUV SLE-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I bought my Terrain as a brand new model when it first came in at our local dealership in October, 2010. I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. I have had to have my transmission re-calibrated 3 or more times now, I have about 1 to 1-1/2 quarts of oil drain out when an oil change is done every 3,000 miles.. I have had a camshaft actuator replaced, many different solenoids replaced, a cracked timing chain tensioner bracket replaced, my exhaust manifold gasket was leaking, a wheel bearing go out at about 20,000-30,000 miles, & have had a carbon clean out done 3 times in the last 6 months because it's causing my car to shut off. I am currently looking to trade this in.

The car has very comfortable seating. Gas mileage is pretty good at 24 mpg. The car handles great.

Blind spots are pretty bad in the front, and back, it takes a bit of getting used to at first.. The window switch seemed to be too far forward, as I always roll down my back windows when trying to roll down my own.. Even with my seat moved up. I would like if the rear windows vented. The chrome on the inside dash area blinds you if the sun shines on it.. That's not very fun.

• SUV