Used 2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 Consumer Reviews - 28 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Terrain

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

This car is not worth buying.
By Bryan Thompson

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We purchased this car used and have had 5 recalls now, and the latest issue is the throttle body breaks. We had the dealer check this out before we left on a trip and they assured us everything was fine. On an 8 hour trip to Houston, we receive and error message that the car is powering down. It basically makes you slow down and pull over. Nothing you can do. We had the car towed to the nearest dealer and another repair. Very disappointed in GM as many of the websites I read say this should be a recall but to this point, nothing from GM. The MPG is way off. The car is now burning oil. I'll be taking it in again. Please don't buy GM cars.

piece of garbage
By miss p

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

This car was put in the shop every other week. As a single mom I had came down To feed the family or fix car. I want or need To give this one back to GM. I will take a huge loss I had to replace major parts in this car. I only had it less than Two years! DO NOT PURCHASE A TERRIAN...

30k miles blown transmission
By Jack

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Piece of crap. Needed wheel bearing replaced @10k miles. Engine noise from oil starvation to top end at startup. 33k miles and one week out of warranty and GM will only cover part of the repair. Cost me $1400 for a trans rebuild. GMC is so confident in their transmissions that they don't bother to give you a dipstick to check your tranny fluid. 5yr 100k miles warranty?

Good SUV--but---
By dcunitednut

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Terrain after evaluating a number of SUV's.
I almost bought the Chevy Equinox but fell in love with the Terrain during the test drive.
For the last 4 years the vehicle has been virtually trouble free and very dependable. However--right at 56K miles there was a catastrophic failure of the transmission which required a total rebuild.
The Wave Plate, along with a number of other components, basically flew apart.
On the positive front the dealership took very good care of me and gave me an excellent loaner vehicle and kept me informed. I had no out of pocket expense because it was covered by the drive train warranty.

I love the back up camera located in the rear view mirror. I think it is more natural to look up there as you back up instead of down on a larger monitor in the dash.

Very disappointed with the failure on the transmission after just over 50K miles. Never had that happen on a vehicle in the past. Apparently 3 other Terrains had similar transmission issues as well. Sounds like this could be a defect with the vehicle.

Great Auto
By D Evans

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven this Terrain 8000 miles and enjoyed every mile. I have had Park avenues GMC Trucks Olds bravada Roadmasters . This is by far the most enjoyable auto I have ever had. I suspect the folks that are complaining about the mileage have a heavy foot and just want to complain about something so they don't have to take responsibility for the mileage. I have driven through the smokies with this auto and the 4 cylinder has performed well. I have learned how to use the manual shift which helps greatly in mountains and in the city.I always limit the the trans to 5th gear in the city and do the same in the mountains This is a great vehicle and I think Gm is building some great products

backup cam. back seat leg room. mileage. comfortable seats. Easy to enter and exit Really like the 4cl eng. It does what it has to do.

None that I can think of. It is great just the way it is.