Used 2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

Good SUV--but---
By dcunitednut

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Terrain after evaluating a number of SUV's. I almost bought the Chevy Equinox but fell in love with the Terrain during the test drive. For the last 4 years the vehicle has been virtually trouble free and very dependable. However--right at 56K miles there was a catastrophic failure of the transmission which required a total rebuild. The Wave Plate, along with a number of other components, basically flew apart. On the positive front the dealership took very good care of me and gave me an excellent loaner vehicle and kept me informed. I had no out of pocket expense because it was covered by the drive train warranty.

I love the back up camera located in the rear view mirror. I think it is more natural to look up there as you back up instead of down on a larger monitor in the dash.

Very disappointed with the failure on the transmission after just over 50K miles. Never had that happen on a vehicle in the past. Apparently 3 other Terrains had similar transmission issues as well. Sounds like this could be a defect with the vehicle.

Great Auto
By D Evans

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven this Terrain 8000 miles and enjoyed every mile. I have had Park avenues GMC Trucks Olds bravada Roadmasters . This is by far the most enjoyable auto I have ever had. I suspect the folks that are complaining about the mileage have a heavy foot and just want to complain about something so they don't have to take responsibility for the mileage. I have driven through the smokies with this auto and the 4 cylinder has performed well. I have learned how to use the manual shift which helps greatly in mountains and in the city.I always limit the the trans to 5th gear in the city and do the same in the mountains This is a great vehicle and I think Gm is building some great products

backup cam. back seat leg room. mileage. comfortable seats. Easy to enter and exit Really like the 4cl eng. It does what it has to do.

None that I can think of. It is great just the way it is.

6-cylindernder
By 6-CYLINDER VERSION

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I love this truck! 6- cylinder is the way to go, has plenty of power with no hiccups. Have the slt- 2 with black/black combo. Everyone always commits on how good it looks, also have the chrome package with the 19" wheels.

Styling, comfort, room for our kids and plenty of power.

Folding mirrors, rear a/c vents, better towing package and real chrome wheels not chrome-clad.

2010 Torrent (GMC) Review
By Jack Fish

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

One of the best cars we have bought in many years. Love GM products.

Love everything about the the terrain. Gas mileage is great and handling .

None

Awesome,, but a couple of annoyances
By Azbrent

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The gas mileage is about 19 mpg, with city and highway driving. The fact that the pax seat is not available in power is annoying. It doesn't bother my wife but when I sit in it , it sits too high. No one touch power windows! Come on this is the top of the line model! The turning is awful. I had a Ford Edge before this and I thought that was bad, I didn't realize how good I had it. The 19 inch chrome wheels are sweet, however I worry about some thug stealing the center cover piece that goes over the lug nuts. It is chrome and has the GMC insignia and just snaps off. I can see it falling off if you bump a curb. The vehicle is very popular, hard to find in stock anywhere. Paid 35k loaded

Black on Black, Rugged look, GMC brand, rear camera with he directional lines is pretty cool, sliding rear seat, don't know when i will use it with the kids in back it is always back all the way. I guess if I need more storage space in the back it will come in handy.

one touch power windows, power adjustable pax seat, the bluetooth option picks up a lot of the cabin noise when using.