2010 GMC Terrain - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:
Good SUV--but---
By dcunitednut on 08/28/14 14:03 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I purchased my 2010 Terrain after evaluating a number of SUV's. I almost bought the Chevy Equinox but fell in love with the Terrain during the test drive. For the last 4 years the vehicle has been virtually trouble free and very dependable. However--right at 56K miles there was a catastrophic failure of the transmission which required a total rebuild. The Wave Plate, along with a number of other components, basically flew apart. On the positive front the dealership took very good care of me and gave me an excellent loaner vehicle and kept me informed. I had no out of pocket expense because it was covered by the drive train warranty.

Great Auto
By D Evans on 10/20/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have driven this Terrain 8000 miles and enjoyed every mile. I have had Park avenues GMC Trucks Olds bravada Roadmasters . This is by far the most enjoyable auto I have ever had. I suspect the folks that are complaining about the mileage have a heavy foot and just want to complain about something so they don't have to take responsibility for the mileage. I have driven through the smokies with this auto and the 4 cylinder has performed well. I have learned how to use the manual shift which helps greatly in mountains and in the city.I always limit the the trans to 5th gear in the city and do the same in the mountains This is a great vehicle and I think Gm is building some great products

6-cylindernder
By 6-CYLINDER VERSION on 09/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

My wife and I love this truck! 6- cylinder is the way to go, has plenty of power with no hiccups. Have the slt- 2 with black/black combo. Everyone always commits on how good it looks, also have the chrome package with the 19" wheels.

2010 Torrent (GMC) Review
By Jack Fish on 08/22/10 21:30 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

One of the best cars we have bought in many years. Love GM products.

Awesome,, but a couple of annoyances
By Azbrent on 07/01/10 11:58 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The gas mileage is about 19 mpg, with city and highway driving. The fact that the pax seat is not available in power is annoying. It doesn't bother my wife but when I sit in it , it sits too high. No one touch power windows! Come on this is the top of the line model! The turning is awful. I had a Ford Edge before this and I thought that was bad, I didn't realize how good I had it. The 19 inch chrome wheels are sweet, however I worry about some thug stealing the center cover piece that goes over the lug nuts. It is chrome and has the GMC insignia and just snaps off. I can see it falling off if you bump a curb. The vehicle is very popular, hard to find in stock anywhere. Paid 35k loaded

Great Car- and Safe
By Terrain lover on 06/23/10 06:29 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I couldn't wait for this car to be released. It was the first car I had ever brought on my own. I had been reviewing it since August 2009 and when it was finally released I had a hard time finding it because not too many dealers had the fully loaded SLT2. I was a little disappointed that the passenger side didn't have the power seats, the gas mileage, and how the car hesitated when trying to pick up speed but other then that I loved it. My car is totaled due to a hit &run every air bag deployed we were saved! Onstar kicked in pretty quick all the airbags from the front & window passenger side, driver side window & stirring wheel and rear passenger airbags deployed.

Terrain
By Dennis on 06/17/10 12:50 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I like everything about it but the Gas Mileage. Need to achieve 25 before the 32 MPG which is advertised.

Disappointed mpg
By LARRY on 05/28/10 14:40 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Love the vehicle (traded a Yukon xl) not happy with the mileage - averaging 23 mpg - have over 9,000 miles on it. The chrome latch on the dash storage compartment and chrome around console controls is quite blinding when the sun hits it right.

Great Vehicle
By Robert Lamb on 04/25/10 13:48 PM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I am 81 years old and super fussy about my vehicles,I purchased my Terrain 2 months ago, took an 800 mile trip and averaged 25.6 mpg. Not too bad, but after reading many reviews, I see that this seems to be the norm. Drove Hondas the past 8 years, although I thought they were very good cars I am glad to get back to American made, it gives me a sense of pride again.

great car, need more options
By tommyguy1 on 04/14/10 06:08 AM (PDT)

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-2 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like others, no where near the 32 MPG advertised. Still a great car. Wife loves it. MUCH quiter than my 2008 Lexus LS. Would trade the Lexus and get a Terrain for myself if there were options available. GMC missing the boat in not marketing this to empty nester retirees, too! We don't need back seat video, but sure would like power passenger seat, rain sensing wipers, push button keyless start and entry, and that sliding back seat needs to be powered! It's a great idea, but it's a bear to move manually. Since auto makers have screwed up the traditional big boat sedans with impossible to load trunks with skinny openings, a vehicle like the Terrain is essential for travel these days.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2010 GMC Terrain in VA is:

$116 per month*