Used 2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Gmc Terrain - Consumer Reviews

2010 GMC Terrain

View reviews for a specific Terrain model:

87,000 miles and switching
By drstubb1

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We bought our 2010 Terrain new. My wife drives daily to work and in less than 3 years we already have 87,000 miles. We bought the car because we were informed that the mpg would be 31 or so. We've never gotten better than 27 and usually we're at 24-26 mpg with the 4 cylinder on eco. We've had problems with the lift gate, timing chain knocking, and at 80,000 miles we changed the tranny oil. It was black! Since then we've continued to feel it slip. Driving in the back seat is a horrific experience for people with good backs! It's too straight up and down. The AC has broken down twice in 2 years!

Favorite Features

the front seats are nice and comfortable. The hatch button, when it works, is handy as compared to those we know without this feature. The dash is attractive and accessible. The stereo is nice. There is plentiful room. The back seats have enough leg room(too bad the seats are too straight). There is plenty of stowage space.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out how to make the car in America with better workers and improved quality and possibly we'll be back. Also, if you are going to advertise the car gets 31 mpg, then please get something close to that. Have a slight lean backwards in the back seat as well as small headrests. Long drives when someone sleeps in the back seat will lead to expensive chiropractic bills after multiple visits (or worse yet- low dose narcotic pill usage).

Worse vehicle I have ever had!
By texas322

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

We have never had so many problems with a new vehicle as we have had with this one. They had to replace timing chain, a rattling noise is still very loud but they tell us there is nothing wrong, drive the car to work and back and no engine light turned on or anything just a loud knocking noes in the motor every time we pressed gas.. Little did we know that the car had no engine oil... But it still showed it had 40% oil life. Don't know where the oil is going. This is the second time it's happened to us. We have to check oil at least every 2 weeks.. This is a 2010 car. Mileage is not what it says it is..

Favorite Features

Only thing I like is the interior and the exterior of car..

Very nice
By Al

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Rides and handles well. Comfortable and roomy. Easy to get in and out of. Surprisingly good performance for a small motor. Drove at interstate speeds and through mountains with 24 mpg avg. (using own calculations). Car has good Visibility.Secure feeling with all the safety features.

Favorite Features

remote start and backup camera

Suggested Improvements

rear seats should lay down flat when folded down. Door locks should be on driver's door. Should have power passenger seat.

32 Hwy. EPA is a big lie.
By Ron Bowman

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

The number one reason for buying the 4 cyl. Terrain was the 32 MPG Hwy. advertised. This could not be more wrong. We recently drove over 2400 miles which most was interstate highway and averaged only about 25 MPG. We are senior citizens and this was mostly on cruise control at less that the listed highway speed. We are very disgusted with this poor hwy. mileage and will certainly not recommend this vehicle to friends and family.We could have bought another Town and Country which is a 6 cyl. and we averaged over 25 MPG on the last one we owned prior to the Terrain.

Favorite Features

Appearance inside and outside.

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage must be improved to make this a best seller.

Love our Terrain
By Matthew

2010 GMC Terrain SLT-1 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I'll start out by saying my only complaint with our Terrain is the turning radius isn't that great. It doesn't always bother you but on making u turns you sometimes have to back up if the road isnt wide. Other than that we LOVE our Terrain. I read someone said it took 3 hours for onstar to get someone to them. IT probably took 3 hours for whomever was coming but be happy onstar was there. Ive had to use onstar several times and in a accident. That voice coming over automatically telling me help is on the way and I don't have to look for a cell which mine was broken. Its awesome to know my car will help me if needed. I love the comfort, the looks. I have people all the time stop me to say its nice!!

Favorite Features

Love the bluetooth, ONSTAR, Navigation, remote start love that. I do wish we had gotten all wheel drive and just didn't think about it.

Suggested Improvements

Wider turning radius!Other than that LOVE it