Used 1999 GMC Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1999 GMC Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Strong solid truck
By gosurf

1999 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

Dad bought it used, hauled us up and down the coast thru my childhood and never a problem. The normal things went wrong around 150000, fuel pump transfer case radiator about 3000 in repairs , now it's mine and runs strong as ever. With a 3 inch body lift and 33in all terrains the thing gets me through everything! I go down to corrala beach every few weaks and ruts or no ruts that vortec gets me out of anything. Rip out all the stupid electronics and lights forget about ac and this trucks a badass.

Great Truck
By tmgj

1999 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

My Dad bought my suburban new and put 170,000 miles on it. He replaced the fuel pump and the transfer case. I bought it from him and have put another 40,000 on it. I've replaced the starter and the transfer case(again). At 210,000 it still runs great, drives down the highway like a dream and gets 18mpg on the highway. I'm not going to downgrade to a smaller truck/suv to increase the mpg's by 3! When I wax it, it almost looks new....almost. I plan to take it to 300,000, the best part, no car payment, I always remind myself of that when I'm filling up the 40 gallon tank.

Space, power, comfort, styling.

Poorly engineered transfer case.

300 Thousand Miles
By 300ksuburban

1999 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

300 Thousand Miles on my 1999 GMC Suburban. Original engine and Transmission.

Beauty and the Beast
By duckie44

1999 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 SLT 4dr SUV 4WD

When we first purchased the car about 3 years ago, it kept breaking down, we had to put a whole new engine in it, new fuel pump, new tires, and a few other things needed to be fixed. The AC does not work, it sucks with the leather seats during summer. BUT!! This car is awesome, once everything was fixed up, all was well. It's been running great! Sounds like a beast. I am a girl so we're Beauty and the Beast together!! Even with all of these problems it's very convienent. With the horrible gas mileage I just ask the other 8 passengers to pitch in for gas. It's a great road trip car! I love it.

I absolutly love the seat heaters, it work wonders when we go up to Tahoe during the winter!! We put a new stereo and speakers in and it sounds great! It sounded awesome with a sub, we had to take it out because it broke. I love all of the room it has also.

Great Car
By Carlton

1999 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought this car in 2001 with 80,000 miles on it. It has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever had. I am so impressed with the Suburban, that I wax it once a month. I now have 237,000 miles and it still runs like a champ! Believe me, I got a great car!