Used 1995 GMC Suburban 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Gmc Suburban - Consumer Reviews

1995 GMC Suburban

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

A tribute to Bertha
By seasalt44

1995 GMC Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

"Bertha" has logged nearly 300,000 miles with very little other than regular maintainance, Tires, batteries, plugs, wires etc. Has the original motor, transmission, starter. Insurance costs are lower than most. She's got a little rust on the top and the hood has recently lost its top coat of paint but for a dark blue paint it has done pretty well. The interior looks barely used even though it has hauled people/children, lumber (a full 4X8 sheet of plywood will go inside) and all kinds of other cargo. Got it at 92,000 miles after a family with kids. I call it my transformer car. It will tow, haul, rides good on trips. The A/C has been replaced twice the last 50,000 miles. Great bargain.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage started at about 17 mpg and now we are down to 14mpg. But with a 40 gallon tank we can go a looooong way after we pay off the loan to fill it. I forgot in the last 50,000 miles the turn signal switch got a hitch in it and sent out some bad signals but it never put us down. We just didn't have any headlights till it was replaced. She is a good ole gal and I am so glad we have her. Plan to keep her around even though we probably need to consider parking something with a little less mileage in the driveway beside her.

Suggested Improvements

A little better paint would have been nice. And I really would like to put a hybrid or something in her as the body is still in excellent shape.

172,000mi on my suburban
By sean

1995 GMC Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

iv hauled my lawn mowing trailer and use it to drive to louisiana i still get 17mpg interior is like new iv been egged and paintballed this is the prettyiest white ever it blinds u it so bright good buy

Favorite Features

power plenty of room never fails reliability a

GMC Suburban
By larrybrown

1995 GMC Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

I love our 95 Suburban. We get about 16 mpg on highway, 14 normal driving. This isn't bad to me considering my minivan got 19-20 mpg with far less room and no towing capacity.

Favorite Features

Space - 5 kids and no one's cramped

Good Experience
By GMCowner

1995 GMC Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

We bought it new. I love the space when we travel. We took the truck across the county once, into Canada twice, loaded with five people and lots of luggage. It's no longer than the station wage we had before, so I don't understand why people complain about the size - it's easy to handle.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, good visibility.

Suburban
By gpark

1995 GMC Suburban C1500 4dr SUV

Great truck. Driving by myself or with a gang of eight - pure comfort. Quality built auto, too!

Favorite Features

Size