Used 1994 GMC Suburban SUV Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 GMC Suburban SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Suburban model:

Last year of Good Suburbans
By ProfessorRico

1994 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my SLE from the son of the original owner, who used all synthetics, and repaired everything on time. It has 155k on the clock and drives like a new one. The brakes and mileage are the only cons to this great truck. This year is the best because the dash is the flat style, no airbags, green coolant, no Bose, and no OnStar or crazy computers. This was the last year for the best dash (IMO), and a general "cheapening" of the interiors that happened post-94. The massive gas tank will get 500+ miles between fillings, the extra money for gas is well worth all of the great things about this truck! Off-road they are nearly unstoppable. Lifting it makes it the King of the 4x4's.

Leather seats Dual air Tailgate/hatch

Make it run on Cellulose Ethanol.

Saved our lives
By cheygirl

1994 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I have owned two 1994 suburbans. The first one I loved! It was solid and quiet and dependable. We had 300,000 miles on the engine and it still ran great. The transmission went out at 150,000. I drove it all the time everywhere. We camped in it traveled in it put lots of stuff in it. Very roomy fit four kids with no problem. Pulled horses in it. One day another SUV ran a stop sign and I hit it. The other SUV was pushed and went flying. My suburban engine and front was destroyed but nobody was even the least bit hurt. All eight of us were fine including my baby. As hard as I hit them around 60 mph I didn't even feel the crash that badly. The other vehicle didn't fare so well.

the room I love the room with four kids you need it. I love the pulling power to take our horses out.

I hate the gas mileage. I have had some problems with the breaks and an exhaust leak. Leaking transmission and bad transmission in other suburban

I MISS MY GREAT WHITE 4X4 BOAT!!!.
By Phil. (aka Dr. Phil)

1994 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

The only thing I regret about my GMC Sub.is selling it. I admit I had some minor problems, but it was just std. ware-n-tire 4 the miles it had. I bought it used with 120k. I rebuilt the trany at 155k, only $800. My last truck was an S-10 Xtra-cab. Great truck, needed more room 4 my 3 children. And boy we where happy! My wife didn't like it at 1st, later she fell n love. Especially after a trip from So.Cal 2 all over Texas. My State.We took our kids and a family member, some portable TV's, munchies, and all our luggage in the back and averaged about 17-18 mpg. And other vacations. Any-1 looking 4 a used GMC with a 350 I highly recommend. I just need a truck now. I hope I fine a good used 1.

The comfort captains chairs. A/C up Front, Center, and Rear. Great Place 2 relax in the back, no wonder the kids wanted to be back their. Always cold a/c. Your own controls. I Did put 17in wheels and little larger tires 4 the mileage. With these little changes it went allot better with no problems.

Just 1 little 1. A little bet better stopping power. Needed a little larger rotors, disc n the back 2. I just put on the best break pads I could find. Other than that, I miss my GREAT BIG WHITE 4X4 BOAT. Highly recommend.

I love my getting out of trouble suv
By andrea

1994 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought my truck used with 200,000 miles on it, besides tires it has been a dream come true. I have four boys and they always have friends, it gives plenty of room. For the first time I have room enough for anything. Whenever someone gets stuck they call me I can pull anything. I live in a place where the snow get deep, I even get calls from the plow truck for a pull every once in a while. I love my truck, never again will I buy a car!

8 seats, Air/heat in the back, tow package, front tow hooks, and plenty of cargo space.

With gas being so high I wish the gas mileage could be better!

It was my baby!
By Regina Gant

1994 GMC Suburban SUV K1500 4dr SUV 4WD

I loved driving my truck. I drove it everywhere. I drove it from Texas to Kentucky which is 1,016 miles. I drove it from Kentucky to South Carolina which is 600 miles round trip. I loved the style of it. I loved every thing about it. Something went wrong with the front passenger side tie rods, bearings, rotaries or something cause it caused me to swirve, hit a ditch and roll. For some reason it would not come back to the left. I just came out of a right hand turn and the front passenger wheel just woudn't come back to the left for me to straighten back out in my lane.

Seats 8, sport style, 4x4, 4x2, interstate mileage on gas, dual ac, indigo color, front bumper guard, fold down seats, removeable back seat, spare tire placement, where the jack is stored, double back door, overall features and look of the vehicle itself.

Very back doors open up wider, stronger corner points of impact, seatbelts that will lock on any impact or unleveling of vehicle, removeable headrests on back seats, better cup holders,