2004 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

SLS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (6 reviews )
Oh yeah Baby
By David on 01/30/08 19:41 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned this car for 2.5 years and I've not had one problem with it and I'm up to 50k miles. The drive is smooth and comfortable. Its got great pickup on the freeway. The only 3 things I don't like is the gas mileage, wide turn radius and the fact that my front windshield cracked after sitting in 104 heat during the summer for several with the windows rolled up...guess it couldn't handle the heat.

Nice little pickup
By Hawk on 12/18/06 04:08 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought this truck and so far I'm very happy with it. Prefer the SLS model so I can customize to my own taste. Excellent ride and handling. Doesn't feel like a truck. No bouncing and swaying. Great acceleration, good pull up hill. Gas mileage is a little rough, but with some minor modifications, should be able to get into the 20's. Buy this truck. Better ride, handling and I expect better longevity than the competition. Great truck for the price. Excellent value.

A GREAT LITTLE TRUCK
By JACK WOOD on 11/10/04 09:35 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

GREAT ON GAS FOR A 4-WHEEL DRIVE PICKUP,BUT STILL HAS PLENTY OF POWER FOR TOWING!

gmc builds junk
By bad truck on 10/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

third door handle broke - twice. power window came unriveted from door mount. alternator went bad ,as a result had to reset radio at a cost of $80. tailgate bolts came loose on right and left side. tailgate cable broke. rear axke bearing passenger side went bad. windshield cracked twice no rocks sitiing still and heard a loud crack. auto transmision seems like it downshifts way to much like there is no power and it has to downshift to keep momentum on even the smallest of grades. recommend -don't buy

very nice pickup
By david mcdow on 07/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

very easy to handle, very good power, excellent ride, good fuel milage, very good looking truck

strong engine
By bufalo on 02/17/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I FOUND THIS VEHICLE TO BE BUILT WELL WITH A VERY STRONG ENGINE, ALTHOUGH MY MILEAGE WASN'T QUITE UP TO WHAT I EXPECTED,ALSO IT'S SOMEWHAT WIDE TURN RADIUS MADE IT MORE OF A CHALLENGE IN OFF ROAD DRIVING.THE INTERIOR IS QUITE COMFORTABLE, I AM A LARGE MAN AND THIS VEHICLE HAS AMPLE SHOULDER, AND LEG ROOM. I HAVE OWNED THIS VEHICLE FOR TWO YEARS AND HAVE EXPERIENCED NO PROBLEMS WITH ANYTHING ,FROM BUMPER TO BUMPER.I AM SORRY TO SEE THEM DISCONTINUE THIS VEHICLE PLAFORM.