2003 GMC Sonoma Consumer Review: My Sonoma

2003 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Review

SLS Extended Cab Pickup (2.2L 4-cyl. FFV 5-speed Manual 6.1 ft. Bed)

My Sonoma
By f41driver on

2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I actually own a 2000 Sonoma SLS 3dr ZQ8 V6/automatic, but it's the same exact truck as a 2003 sans the wheel style and radio. I bought this truck on a whim, and I regret it. I like the looks, and when it was new it was the sweetest thing I could find for $21K, so I got it. My truck seems to be the worst Sonoma ever built because everyone I know with one has never had a problem, but mine rattles, creeks, and is slow and gets 16mpg no matter how you drive it. The seats became a little uncomfortable after a year or so, but that's just me.

Looks really good, very smooth. Awesome ergonomics, great guages, love the 3rd door. Works like a horse (hauling). The aftermarket is limitless.

It's time for the Canyon, and I hope it has a better drivetrain, stiffer chassis, clean looks, more rear-seat room (storage in mine), and a cleaner dash than I've seen on the concept Chevy Colorado (too Isuzuy).