2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:
Great starter vehicle
By Avery on 11/15/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My dad gave me this truck as my first vehicle, and so far it has suited my needs well. I dont drive it much at all, just to school or town or what ever so there's only 40,000 miles on it. Its the funnest vehicle to drive off roads and on jeeping trails, the 4wd is great for winter too. my only regrets are that i have had to put in a good deal of money to keep it running up to par. it seems as though every year i have to change wheel bearings and the cab door has been giving me problems for the last few years. Its a tough little truck and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a great looking fun truck to drive.

My Black Beauty
By Kevo on 04/27/08 13:27 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I believe that this is the best looking truck of all time. Gas mileage stinks! I love the black and the ZR2 because of its lifted gift.

What I think
By Dave on 01/07/07 20:52 PM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

The '03 GMC Sonoma 3dr extended cab is a good, well running truck that gets from point A to point B.

Truck I have Always Wanted
By Deer Slayer on 03/15/06 11:24 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I came to the dealership to see a ZR2 S-10, next to it was this Bright yellow, 2003, GMC Sonoma ZR2. I FEEL IN LOVE WITH IT. I always wanted this truck, this style, this color. Since I bought it I have done some off- roading and some highway driving and have been pleased with it on both ideas. I look forward to driving my truck everyday and find myself, more times then not, when i park it and walk away, turning around and looking at it thinking, WOW!

Terrible Attempt at a Truck
By Bruce on 10/20/05 14:17 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I've had this truck for 2 years now and I absolutely hate it. A friend had one and I thought that it looked good, so I bought it without testing it at all. What a dumb move. It gets terrible fuel economy. Has absolutely no power, terrible, no passing power at all, no bottom end. Have to put it into 4X4 low to get any power. That is where it is actually good. In the mud it is great, cause it is so light. The 4X4 low will crawl along at 200 rpm. However, the interior is way too small, and I sit so that my hip is bent and bothers me amazingly on long trips. But, it is in the shop as we speak having the transfer case replaced (50063 km).

o.k.
By R.J.L. on 08/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

i am a retired carpenter an have a cap on my truck.it serves as a 2rd auto,truck,and a tow vehicle for my 15'boat.ilove it.my outer car is a cady.

My Third ZR2
By REDI on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

Like traveling with room and comfort long distance with your wife? Like to explore and use 4wd to find new trails with your laptop and GPS? Like to carry bicycles and gear? Like traveling remote Nevada dirt roads in 4WD High range at speeds up to 60mph? The extra ZR2 suspension and Bilstein shocks can handle anything. THIS IS THE TRUCK FOR YOU!

I love my truck
By Me and my truck on 01/15/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I have had nothing but great experiences with my truck, It was a spur of the moment decision to buy this truck when it caught my eye on the dealer lot because it is flame yellow. When I first drove it I knew it was the one. Ive had minor problems with the heater controls and passenger door seals, but i took it to the dealership and they got it fixed right away under warranty. The towing capacity is increadible for a small truck, I can just fit my 600lb quad in the back which you hardly notice is there,you can still hook a trailer behind load it up and pull the hills to the mountains without a problem. Love the 4.3.

Solid Truck
By walkmn on 12/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I love the solid feel of this truck and I have full confidence when I depart the pavement to go hunting, fishing, or just plain exploring! This truck is ready for anything you can throw at it. Even the underbody composite skid plates let you know this truck means business! GM should however, take lessons from Japan regarding their build quality. Cheap interior parts and shoddy workmanship may force me to shop around a little longer for my next truck. Despite the questionable interior materials, I really do love my truck overall, and don't regret buying it what so ever. Consider this truck if you you want a highly-capable, mid-sized truck.

2003 Sonoma
By Betty711 on 10/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 3dr Extended Cab SLS Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

Only have 1000 miles on it so far, and it is running very well. This may be why the fuel economy is not up to standard yet. American models seem to be a la carte. In other words, every little thing is extra $$$. The vehicle is peppy on grades, and seems to take weight, in the bed, with ease.