2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

SLS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (9 reviews )
Poor quality
By Tim R on 06/16/06 11:53 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Had to get a new transfer case at 10,000 miles. Oil pickup tube fell into gears and ruined transfer case. Replaced air conditioner compressor at 42,000 miles. Transmission is now slipping badly. Fuel filler neck has been replaced, but still overflows when refueling. Leaf spring bushings are noisy. Would not buy again.

I like my truck.
By Jeff on 04/28/06 22:14 PM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I like my truck. Haven't had any major problems in 40,000 miles. The driver's seat is comfortable for long trips, but the back seat will only hold adults for short trips. The radio is good for stock. This is a good truck. It always starts easily, even in cold weather, but I'm not sure I can afford the gas.

Very unreliable truck
By St Louis Ex Owner on 01/28/05 01:22 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Just traded this piece of junk in for a Nissan pathfinder, hopefully I have better luck with the new vehicle. I don't know where to start. To begin with it was in the shop more than on the road. First it was the blower motor, then the transfer case, then the brakes (all under warranty). Finally when it was out of warranty the ball joints in the front which was $500 at 39,000 miles. Enough was enough so I am through with this money pit. Thank god. Sad thing is this was the first vehicle I really tried to baby.

Not worth the purchase
By Alaska Owner on 12/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble form the start. The quality is very poor. The doors seem that they don't hold a seal. Various engine problems too. Find a different truck. Don't want you as a buyer to go through what I am going through.

SHOULD HAVE KEPT MY FORD
By Happy Consumer on 08/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Got rid of my Ford Ranger Edge to get more room. Big mistake. This truck has rattled since the day I bought it. Windshield seal came out at highway speed a week after I got it. Dealership said it happens allot in warm climates…HELLO GM HOW ABOUT FIXING THE PROBLEM IF IT HAPPENS ALLOT. Interior is cheap and truck has already been having electrical problems (shorts causing check engine light to come on). I spent more time in a rental Neon than in my new truck. It is very capable off road. I think my problems are more from cheap workmanship than faulty parts. GM should slow down their assembly line and pay attention to what their doing.

GM Needs Help
By Michaelv on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Build quality is disgusting for a 2002 model year vehicle. The truck has lots of rattles and squeeks, the dash looks like a "fisher price " snap together toy and the seat fabric looks and feels like mouse fur. The tuck was deliverd with a defective heater blower moter switch - only high speed worked. The pasenger side widow weather stripping would come off when the window was lowerred and then raised.The passenger side inner door liner was improperly attached - broken clips.The transmission quit working at 10,000 miles - the rear seal leaked all the transmison fluid into the tansfer case.

my sls
By screamnchikn on 04/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

i love the truck

Great Rig but boring
By bag o ice on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Truck does everything that I want but is just a little boring on the outside and inside. I am glad to see that they are redesigning but I just had to get this one.

Sonoma 4DR ZR2
By sboyer on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Clean value priced family truck, my third GM truck