Used 2003 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2003 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

2003 GMC Sonoma

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

best truck ever
By russell simballa

2003 GMC Sonoma 2dr Regular Cab SL Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2003 gmc Sonoma new and from then to now it has never had a single problem except s fuel pump. It is very reliable.i have almost 200 thousand miles on it and it is still one of the most reliable vehicles in my family.

2003 SONOMA
By Justin

2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

This is a good truck to start in but it gets about 16.5 mpg to 19.0 mpg rides good, put a lot of repairs in, I think it has too much power for its size and uses

Great starter vehicle
By Avery

2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

My dad gave me this truck as my first vehicle, and so far it has suited my needs well. I dont drive it much at all, just to school or town or what ever so there's only 40,000 miles on it. Its the funnest vehicle to drive off roads and on jeeping trails, the 4wd is great for winter too. my only regrets are that i have had to put in a good deal of money to keep it running up to par. it seems as though every year i have to change wheel bearings and the cab door has been giving me problems for the last few years. Its a tough little truck and i would recommend it to anyone looking for a great looking fun truck to drive.

cab space for dirty laundry, bumping stereo system, automatic headlights, and sexy looks.

more bass in the sound system, a better cab door. my cab door would wear against the clamp and would never seal right, so that whenever you hit a bump the doors would vibrate. Also the handle to the cab door had snapped twice. so the cab door needs some work.

Best thing I've ever owned
By Chris

2003 GMC Sonoma 2dr Regular Cab SL Rwd SB (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the truck brand new with 3 miles on it. Nothing has went wrong with it in five years, so if you take care of it, it will take care of you.The truck has got 90,000 miles on it now and most of it is highway miles. Did some modifiyng but an air intake system and a AIC model in it and I get about 42 miles to the gallon, before it got 37.

Nice play truck in the water and snow. Really light weight so in the snow about 500 lbs is ok to but in the bed of the truck to get around. Nice to look at when the truck is washed. Sound system is one of the best for a little truck.

Bigger engine for more towing.

My Black Beauty
By Kevo

2003 GMC Sonoma 3dr Extended Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 5M)

I believe that this is the best looking truck of all time. Gas mileage stinks! I love the black and the ZR2 because of its lifted gift.

Truck looks mean like a transformer.

Gas mileage, lube oil cooler lines and clamps are always bad, and an understandable bad turning ratio.