Great (SO FAR) Minor stuff only
By Trout Terminator on
2001 GMC Sonoma 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)
Bought this little gem to cart around the oompa loompas and haul the boat, 17 foot Starcraft (2300) lbs. This truck does it all very very well. Good to fair gas mileage. (not bad for a semi- thristy v-6). I get good mileage with A/C on full blast also. Truck doesn't mind a/c when towing and doesn't lose power. Has a little bit of a knock when you floor it....49k miles and have only replaced the battery. (delco batteries aren't top quality). Gas gauge failed at 41k, thank god I bought extended warranty. I still paid $140 out of my pocket to fix gauge. I paid 18,600 used, 14k miles on it originally. I think price equals value here.
Favorite Features
sliding rear window, factory sunroof (rare). Great power for towing, goes through snow like a champ. Shift on fly is very nice and engages perfectly.
Suggested Improvements
Third break light on rear roof melts due to poor engineering. It gets too hot and melts in the center where the light bulb is, it cracks and then water gets in when you wash vehicle or it rains. POOR DESIGN HERE if you ask me.