2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab - Consumer Reviews

SLS 4.3L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic 4.6 ft. Bed - (6 reviews )
What once was, California ruined
By Lar on 05/07/10 16:12 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my black beauty, SLS crew with 50 miles on it. I never had a moments problem with it, until I moved to California. The gas destroyed my engine. From 25 hwy/18.5 city to 14.5 hwy/12.5 city. In 9 months. The roads are so crappy they shook the speakers off their mounts and the asphalt ripped up my tires. They were pristine at 15,000 and needed replacing when I traded it in at 25,000 in 2006. It broke my heart to let it go but I couldn't afford whatever would happen next. Sparkplugs, EPA accessories, hoses, and belts were all replaced at 23,000, but the MPG didn't recover. WARNING!! Don't bring a midwest vehicle to California, sell it and buy one made for out here.

Sonoma
By no on 07/10/09 12:15 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

I have had nothing but trouble with this vehicle. I loved to drive it/love the way it looked but it sits broke down more than on the road. The fuel pump goes out about every other year, the power windows stop working, cd player stopped working. Had 38000 miles when I bought it (5-6years ago) and I only drive to work and back no heavy hauling it now has 100000 miles and the rear end is going out the transmission is going out couple of sensors in the motor are failing and it sits behind my garage..not the best $18000 spent! Really like the truck when it's running and not costing me money.

Great (SO FAR) Minor stuff only
By Trout Terminator on 02/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this little gem to cart around the oompa loompas and haul the boat, 17 foot Starcraft (2300) lbs. This truck does it all very very well. Good to fair gas mileage. (not bad for a semi- thristy v-6). I get good mileage with A/C on full blast also. Truck doesn't mind a/c when towing and doesn't lose power. Has a little bit of a knock when you floor it....49k miles and have only replaced the battery. (delco batteries aren't top quality). Gas gauge failed at 41k, thank god I bought extended warranty. I still paid $140 out of my pocket to fix gauge. I paid 18,600 used, 14k miles on it originally. I think price equals value here.

gmc
By Marjie on 07/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

this is a great vehicle but looking forward to the release of the GMC Canyon.

2001 GMC SONOMA Crew Cab
By Dave M. on 07/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Simply put, this is the best truck I have ever owned. It has all the bells and whistles, it rides like a luxury car and it is very ergonomic. The Vortec V-6 has ample power to tow a boat or small trailer and the on-the- fly 4 wheel drive is hard to beat. I reccomend this truck to anyone.

SLS Crew Cab 4WD
By CareyM on 03/06/02 21:57 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Sonoma Crew Cab 4dr Crew Cab SLS 4WD SB (4.3L 6cyl 4A)

Overall I think this is a very nice truck. Roomy back seat when compared to other small crew cab trucks. Powerful V6 engine - a bit noisy but very high torque and towing power for a small truck. Very quiet cabin and smooth ride for a truck. Edmunds must have been looking at a lesser trim package. My loaded SLS Crew Cab has a very nice interior, very nice upholstery and I always receive compliments from people.