2000 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:
Junk
By Robt on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Never again...This is the worst vehicle I've ever owned (with the exception of a 77 Dodge power wagon) as far as reliability goes. Mine has a lot of miles but they are all highway and I have serviced it regualary. Shortly after warranty expired I had to put a $750.00 fuel pump on it, now theres either a wheel bearing or differential going out and howling like a banchee, the transmission is giving me troubles. The interior quality is awful, the steering wheel looks like it has leprosy, the power windows make noise and sound like they are falling out. In brief....I'll never buy another GM product as long as I live.

Utility with Flair
By TheCarGonzo on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

A nice solid truck, no real problems since purchase (although it has very low miles). Interior is simple and inexpensive looking but everything is easy to use. ZQ-8 suspension keeps the vehicle well-controlled for a pick-up. 3/4 V-8 4.3L V-6 is no smoothness champ, but it does get the job done.

Love my Sonoma
By LAH on 08/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Extended Cab SB

I have owned my Sonoma for over two and I can't think of much to complain about. The only problem I've had is at one point, the rubber seal around the windshield started coming off. This was fixed and covered by the warranty and has not been a problem since. No mechanical problems- still runs like new. I definitely recommend opting for the V6. It's a lot of fun to drive but the city gas mileage isn't so great. Overall, I have really enjoyed driving this vehicle.

The 3 year lease...
By Thom Kolesar on 08/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

Make no mistakes, the vehicle rides like a truck, not a car. The feel I was looking for, you may not want that up higher feel like a truck mode? There were 7 return trips to the dealership for what I see as Q.C. issues. Such as a loose shock mounting bolt, a third door latch that spit the spring out 3 months after purchase, both seat back handles snapped in regular service, an obvious flaw in manufacturing and most recently the fuel pump needed replacement @ 33,400 miles.

Will never purchase another one.
By ASI FD on 06/21/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

I have had nothing but problems with this vehicle. The first year that I owned it, it spent a total of 46 days in the shop for multiple repairs. I contacted GMC to discuss my concerns about the vehicle and they have yet to offer any type of an solution. The problem is that the Maryland Lemon Law is only good for the first 10,000 miles on the vehicle. I put 10,000 miles on the truck in the first 6 months that I owned it. Just another case of a company taking advantage of a consumer, how is one person going to make a difference to out total sales?

Darn good little GMC
By E.C.Butler on 05/13/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I find it to be an ideal small truck for everyday beebopping around that I do. Very manuverable and enough power to pull a pop-up camper here locally.