2000 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

2000 GMC Sonoma SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:
AWESOME TRUCK!!!
By Turtle82783 on 04/24/09 19:03 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This was my 1st truck. I bought it in 2003, and now in 2009 and trading it in. I absolutely love this truck and it is breaking my heart to get rid of it, but it is time. I have put a lot of work into keeping it in top condition with normal maintenance. This truck was always there for me and I highly reccomend it to anyone who loves trucks and is looking for a smaller one.

Kevin2000
By kevin2000 on 03/05/07 16:50 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have had my truck for 4 months and I have put on over 9000 miles on it with no problems. It is fun to drive, has excellent acceleration and is easy to drive.

PEE-UUUU
By Ray on 11/16/06 07:48 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought with 74k on it. 1st and last GMC. Poor gas mileage. AC leaks out in a week and now bad heater core that requires total removal of dash and disconnect AC lines under hood just to remove heater core. Dealer wants $1,100 to replace. Lost my shirt on this truck

Anyone else run out of gas
By jgcops on 09/15/06 20:19 PM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

After 6 days with the truck I ran out of gas becuase the gas gauge didn't work. The dealership was very helpful until they had to pay $2500 then they said sorry you are on your own. Upon further review of S10/Sonoma web sites I see that this gas gauge problem is not just mine. My rear passenger door handle also broke after a couple of months. It does get good gas mileage for a truck, and the 4WD works excellent. Overall, this is not a bad small truck, but everytime I get in and see the low fuel light on and I know it is full, I become angry and want to get rid of it.

Too many problems
By Joe on 03/31/06 22:42 PM (PST)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought this truck used when it had 90K. After having it for only a year the transmission blew on me. I had just replaced the clutch and when the transmission went out it took out the clutch too. I spent $2000 repairing it. I only had the truck for 2 years and I regularly maintained it but in those two years I spent about $4000 in repairs. This can't be normal for a newer model car.

Great all around truck
By Dusty on 06/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Truck has been a steady performer with no more than routine maintenance costs.Would buy a 2004 if they were still available in this model.

Great small truck
By Sonoma w/ 20s on 07/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

This was my first new car, and I hope I'm has happy with all my future new car purchases as I have been with this one. Fun to drive, been extremely reliable, despite all the customizing I've done. I recommend it ot anyone

ok if you want a little truck
By Kenny J on 07/07/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

I drove an auto and it was doggy so I got the 5 speed. The bed is flimsy and it has some type of strange idle memory often starts and revs up for a few seconds. This is just the way it is made. I get 23mpg. I had to have the exhaust replaced underwarranty due to rattles. other than that no problems. Do not buy it if you need room get a full size

rollin's review
By rollin1176 on 06/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab SB

Everything about this vehicle other than personal prefrences opted not to purchase at time of purchase was overall very satisfying. I have been very pleased with this vehicle and would recommend it to all small truck buyers.

GMC be ashamed
By RONL on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This vehicle came out in about 1995. It had problems with handles breaking off and very bad front ends. At 60000 miles I had to put $2500 in the front end. Both wheel bearings gone and the bearing are in a housing that requires the replacement of the whole housing. GMC knew about the problems and instead of improving the design over the years, just ignored the problems and allowed us to keep paying to keep this junk running.