Used 2000 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

AWESOME TRUCK!!!
By Turtle82783

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

This was my 1st truck. I bought it in 2003, and now in 2009 and trading it in. I absolutely love this truck and it is breaking my heart to get rid of it, but it is time. I have put a lot of work into keeping it in top condition with normal maintenance. This truck was always there for me and I highly reccomend it to anyone who loves trucks and is looking for a smaller one.

It is a tough little truck that loves mud. The third door is one of the greatest things for getting to the back seat.

I had to replace the computer...mabe that could be worked on.

Kevin2000
By kevin2000

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I have had my truck for 4 months and I have put on over 9000 miles on it with no problems. It is fun to drive, has excellent acceleration and is easy to drive.

PEE-UUUU
By Ray

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

Bought with 74k on it. 1st and last GMC. Poor gas mileage. AC leaks out in a week and now bad heater core that requires total removal of dash and disconnect AC lines under hood just to remove heater core. Dealer wants $1,100 to replace. Lost my shirt on this truck

Anyone else run out of gas
By jgcops

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

After 6 days with the truck I ran out of gas becuase the gas gauge didn't work. The dealership was very helpful until they had to pay $2500 then they said sorry you are on your own. Upon further review of S10/Sonoma web sites I see that this gas gauge problem is not just mine. My rear passenger door handle also broke after a couple of months. It does get good gas mileage for a truck, and the 4WD works excellent. Overall, this is not a bad small truck, but everytime I get in and see the low fuel light on and I know it is full, I become angry and want to get rid of it.

Good strong engine.

Recall on the fuel gauge. They seemed to fix many of the short falls of the S10/Sonoma with the Colorado/Canyon model.

Too many problems
By Joe

2000 GMC Sonoma SLS Sport 2dr Extended Cab Stepside SB

I bought this truck used when it had 90K. After having it for only a year the transmission blew on me. I had just replaced the clutch and when the transmission went out it took out the clutch too. I spent $2000 repairing it. I only had the truck for 2 years and I regularly maintained it but in those two years I spent about $4000 in repairs. This can't be normal for a newer model car.

Smooth ride. Nice looking body shape. Third door was very useful.

Fix the brake problems. If you ever have to hit the brakes hard and there's a bump in the road, the truck goes into this uncontrollable slide.