Used 1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

99 2wd reg cab 4 cyl first truck owned
By brian

1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

I got this truck a few months ago and it was a good price compared to other trucks. I had to recharge air and works great very cold and it's 10 years old. I have drove many other trucks and this drives great. Needs new fuel regulator so gas gauge don't work so the only problem is that, and the fact we figured it out to only get about 19-20 mpg mf sticker in glove box say's 19-28mpg it would not get 28 mpg on the best day. driver's door rust spot on bottom and wheel undercarriages and very squeaky when driving I heard people say that about gm,my grandpa worked there 34 years so beside 2 mustangs all i ever owned was gm this only one that squeaky, bought w 99950 miles will get probably 200,000

Great looking and riding truck. CD,air,bed liner,back window tint, and like how driver and passenger seats are separate and adjustable, I am tall and other trucks are all one seat in one's i been in. loud stereo and very comfortable and a lot of driver room, for a smaller truck. trucks all buy now

I don't beat on cars anymore but my aunt ticked me off and I floored it and I know it's only a 4 cly, but no power at all, that and needs better gas mileage says 19-28 LIE at best 21 freeway never get 28 besides that and gas gauge not working great truck, first I owned and all I will buy now

Happy Sonoma owner
By KENNE-BILL

1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

I've owned my '99 Sonoma for about a month now and am very happy with it. I bought it used with 69,000 miles on it, body is solid and rust free and the original white paint still looks decent. As far as I can tell everything still works on the truck except for a bad AC compressor that I have already replaced. It's a regular cab, 2.2l with a 5 speed trans, I'm happy with the acceleration. I calculated 26 mpg on my first tank of gas which is why I stepped up to a 4 cylinder truck, my old '92 Sonoma with a 4.3/auto was getting only about 17.5 mpg.

Excellent gas mileage, decent acceleration

Option to turn off daytime running lights

Low Cost ,Reliable, Great Vehicle
By R Krebs

1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

Purchase new eight years ago. 26 MPG. Truck receives scheduled maintenance, and has performed flawlessly. Radio was replaced (defective from factory), one set of brakes and 2 sets of tires in 105,000 miles. Orig. exhaust and clutch, water pump, etc. 4 cyl. is underpowered, interior is stylish but uncomfortable for the passenger b/c of uneven floor. Small passenger compartment cools down really fast in the summer and heats up fast in the winter. Great vehicle for commuting or suburban 2nd car. With a low end price tag this vehicle has exceeded my expectations for 8 years now!

Cloth seats, heats and cools fast in both summer and winter

Fun Truck
By Keithwilgus

1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab Stepside SB

Fun to drive. Very responsive, quick
but very rough ride.

Looks great. Sporty feel, fast.

Drivers door hinges for 3rd door model needed to be beefed up. Too weak.Sound system has poor placement of speakers. Improve on ride quality.

This truck is too small!
By youngblooddale

1999 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SLS Sport 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck is cute, but that's about
all it has going for it. There is no
leg room, no arm room, put it this way,
you might feel more comfortable in an
airplane riding in coach. And please
don't pick up a passenger, they'll hate
you for it. Hopefully you don't live in
a town with hills or mountains, because
this little guy has no power.

This is the type of vehicle you want to
test drive for a few days or even rent.

Sound system was okay.