Used 1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Gmc Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

I love this truck
By Roxy-Ann

1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck in my opinion is wonderful, my grandfather taught me to drive stick shift in this truck and haven't had to replace the clutch yet then I was driving one day and cleaned out a ditch with it at 80 miles per hour and let me tell you I drove that truck right out of the ditch. Now mind you this truck has not been modified or anything just a regular old work truck but the most reliable vehicle I have ever been lucky enough to drive that truck kept me alive. So if anyone is looking for a good truck for a teenage driver this would be the truck for you.

Great Truck
By Shortyross4

1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck is a great one i bought it from my step dad and that was the smartest thing i have done in a while, its been all over the states and i bet it could do it again there hasent been any problems out of it, the only thing i dont like is the fuel mileage i fill it up the first half lasts for a good while but the other half doesnt last but for a couple hundred miles, but i still love her ive raced many vehicles and beat them mine is the v6 vortec it has the power to beat ANY FORD willing to try

Favorite Features

the power of the v6 vortec

Suggested Improvements

gas mileage

love these trucks
By franco

1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SLS 2dr Regular Cab SB

these trucks are fun and great on gas and easy to work on. simple technology and basic design is what I like about these trucks.

Favorite Features

gas milege

Suggested Improvements

some parts are over priced, like fuel filters and spark plugs these motors require.

This is a Mechanic's Truck
By David

1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Fun to drive with plenty of power for a small truck, even with a 2.2 four cylinder. If you need a truck that you can mod, this truck is compatible with tons of parts, mod kits, and engines. It's an older truck and a GMC, so the exterior metal much thicker than the typical modern truck that dents if you just lean on it. However, you must let this vehicle warm up for about 5 to 10 minutes before you drive it in cold weather or you will break your headgasket, which is a costly repair. If you're low on cash and need a truck, a Sonoma is perfect for you as long as you take care of it, and check your fluids.

Favorite Features

This truck drives like a big wooly mammoth. It feels so comfy! The ride is very smooth! You can drive over speed bumbs at 45 and not feel anything. The gas pedal and brakes aren't too sensitive, and the steering feels smooth. The engine is nice and loud when you put the pedal down.

Suggested Improvements

If you're looking for a mod truck, replace the engine. It's too sensitive if you drive it hard in the cold. No weight in the back, so either learn to drift like I did or fix the weight problems GMC. Stock radio fell apart, its easy to replace though.

Peice of Junk
By thewolfdog

1995 GMC Sonoma Regular Cab SLS 2dr Regular Cab SB

This car was nothing but trouble. I was lucky enough to purchase a warrenty when my trans. went out at 50k. Here is a rundown of the problems.. and this is NOT exxagerated. - Trans. Shot -A/C compressor- goobye - Starter (twice) Electrical problems fuel pump -A/C compressor- Goodbye AGAIN cooling fan- cya head gasket- BLOWN PEICE OF CRAP GMC

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

an improvement would be me totalling this peice of jink