Used 1995 GMC Sonoma Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 GMC Sonoma - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:

I love this truck
By Roxy-Ann

1995 GMC Sonoma SL 2dr Regular Cab SB

This truck in my opinion is wonderful, my grandfather taught me to drive stick shift in this truck and haven't had to replace the clutch yet then I was driving one day and cleaned out a ditch with it at 80 miles per hour and let me tell you I drove that truck right out of the ditch. Now mind you this truck has not been modified or anything just a regular old work truck but the most reliable vehicle I have ever been lucky enough to drive that truck kept me alive. So if anyone is looking for a good truck for a teenage driver this would be the truck for you.

Great Truck
By Shortyross4

1995 GMC Sonoma SLE 2dr Regular Cab SB

My truck is a great one i bought it from my step dad and that was the smartest thing i have done in a while, its been all over the states and i bet it could do it again there hasent been any problems out of it, the only thing i dont like is the fuel mileage i fill it up the first half lasts for a good while but the other half doesnt last but for a couple hundred miles, but i still love her ive raced many vehicles and beat them mine is the v6 vortec it has the power to beat ANY FORD willing to try

the power of the v6 vortec

gas mileage

love these trucks
By franco

1995 GMC Sonoma SLS 2dr Regular Cab SB

these trucks are fun and great on gas and easy to work on. simple technology and basic design is what I like about these trucks.

gas milege

some parts are over priced, like fuel filters and spark plugs these motors require.

This is a Mechanic's Truck
By David

1995 GMC Sonoma SL 2dr Regular Cab LB

Fun to drive with plenty of power for a small truck, even with a 2.2 four cylinder. If you need a truck that you can mod, this truck is compatible with tons of parts, mod kits, and engines. It's an older truck and a GMC, so the exterior metal much thicker than the typical modern truck that dents if you just lean on it. However, you must let this vehicle warm up for about 5 to 10 minutes before you drive it in cold weather or you will break your headgasket, which is a costly repair. If you're low on cash and need a truck, a Sonoma is perfect for you as long as you take care of it, and check your fluids.

This truck drives like a big wooly mammoth. It feels so comfy! The ride is very smooth! You can drive over speed bumbs at 45 and not feel anything. The gas pedal and brakes aren't too sensitive, and the steering feels smooth. The engine is nice and loud when you put the pedal down.

If you're looking for a mod truck, replace the engine. It's too sensitive if you drive it hard in the cold. No weight in the back, so either learn to drift like I did or fix the weight problems GMC. Stock radio fell apart, its easy to replace though.

Love this truck
By jimog01

1995 GMC Sonoma SLS 2dr Club Coupe SB

I have 259,000 miles on this truck not 1 major issue. I just put on a water pump last month and the starter has started to act up, I think after this many miles and 13 years these should be wearing out. I have had some suppension problems but that I think is more related to driving on the pothole covered roads in Michigan more than the truck. I don't see any issues coming up that will keep me fromsurpassing the 300,000 mile mark.

Ride, interior layout, comfort, realiability

Gas mileage on this 4.3 V6 could be better. I still get 18 in town and 21 on the hwy.