1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab Consumer Reviews

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sonoma model:
first truck
By michael on 06/29/09 13:26 PM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

Ok as posted this is my first truck. The owner of this truck told me if i could get it out of the mess of mud and branches i could keep it. So i got it out and towed it home. The vehicle is still under work because of the clutch but it has been running great otherwise.

Still got her!
By Cantletgo on 08/18/05 12:26 PM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab SLE 2dr Club Coupe 4WD SB

Overall a great truck, bought new with 17 miles on it. Had some issues with paint job on bed, torsion bar breakage. I have used this to trailer a 16 foot boat, bed full of wood, up and down hills in southern Ohio and it still pulls the load. Body to frame mounts are rusting out, door pins are worn out. A/C still works. Tune up plugs and wires every year is easy and cheap. I love this truck!

Ken's critique
By ken jennings on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

Bought from friend with 166,000 miles on it. Has been in major front end collision, but well restored. Runs great, no rattles, clanks, etc. Everything except the cruise works. Easy to work on. I've helped him several times on things before I bought it.

great first truck
By mike2003 on 11/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

If your looking for a small truck that's fun to drive and has lots of pep pick up a sonoma. Their solidly built and with the available vortec engine you'll be layin' rubber off every start

Fun Four Wheel Drive
By jtpaletti on 10/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab SLE 2dr Club Coupe 4WD SB

The truck is great. I haven't had any major problems with it yet. I absolutly love the four wheel drive.

Loved it for 10 years.
By Scott Kahler on 07/08/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab SLE 2dr Club Coupe SB

Great and reliable vehicle.... Without any significant work, this vehicle lasted many cross-country trips and survived three years in Puerto Rico. My only complaint was the defective paint....

Overall Junk
By Eric Russell on 05/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 GMC Sonoma Extended Cab 2dr Club Coupe SB

I bought this truck new and it has been the worst experiance of my life. The body is a rust magnet. GMC must have made primer optional, and it missed my truck completly. The interior is a nightmare. The seat is too low, the steering wheel blocks most of the controls, and it squeeks and rattles since new.