Used 1999 GMC Sierra Classic 3500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra Classic 3500 model:

1999 GMC C3500 Crew Cab LB 2WD
By dcswes

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 3500 Crew Cab C3500 SLE 4dr Crew Cab LB

Great Truck! I have had no eng. or trans. problems with this truck. It will pull anything I have hooked to it from a car hauler to a 18ft flatbed trailer with no problem. Gas mileage is alright(15 in town, 18 hwy). Since this is a 1 ton truck I think gas mileage is not bad. Insurance company rates it as commerical (even though I do not use it that way) so insurance is cheaper. As a mother I am always always concerned about safety. I feel that my family is very secure in this truck. With it being a long wheel base it is somewhat hard to park(takes up more then one space). I have a GMC Yukon XL and I like driving the truck more. If you are looking for a truck I highly recommend this one!!!

Favorite Features

Four full size doors. Love the 8ft bed with matching shell on it. Can move things no matter what the weather is like. Have full bench seats in front and back, so can carry six people.

Suggested Improvements

Needs rear vents for air/heat. People in front are cold or hot by the time people in back are ok. Hate, hate, hate the cup holder. It is located in front of the middle vents so you cup blockes those 2 vents and will not hold large cups. 2nd holder slides out of 1st and is 2" deep. Lg cups spill out!

1999 gmc k3500 4wd
By whistler

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 3500 Crew Cab C3500 SL 4dr Crew Cab LB

350 gas eng is strong,fuel:16 m/g mty,14 pulling large boat.doesn't ride like luxury car,but very good considering weight it's intended to carry

Favorite Features

performance of powertrain (eng/trans) 4doors/seating capacity

Suggested Improvements

some plastic trim and control pieces should be of stronger material and more firmly attached (like hood release handle and sidewall kick plates)