1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 Consumer Review: Love this Truck

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 - Consumer Review

SLT Extended Cab Pickup (5.0L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

Love this Truck
By Bobby E on

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 K1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had many cars and trucks foreign and domestic. By far this is the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. We live on acreage and the 4x4 is like a billy goat. The only thing mechanical that has needed to be replaced are the power window motors and the gas pick-up in the gas tank. I have not even needed a brake job probably because I do little towing and it is driven more like a passenger car. I take very good care of my truck,oil and transmission fluid changes, wash and wax and I am careful when I use the 4x4. Gas mileage around town is 15-16 and on the interstate 18-19. It is more comfortable on trips than our cars. Feel very safe in all kinds of weather. Love it.

Looks great, rides like a car, reliable, goes over hills, snow and mud like a billy goat. Plenty of power and decent gas mileage. Use the back seat to carry passenger's when we pick them up from the airport. Always feel safe. When the road gets slippery just push the 4x4 button its great.

The only improvement which is in later models would be the 4th door. But then having been in the four doors they don't seem as solid as my truck. GMC really got it altogether with this truck.