Used 1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Sierra Classic 1500 model:

330000 @ uses no oil
By rocky

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 C1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab SB

I have put over 300000 miles and never touched the inside of the motor. 5.3 i think. It gets 18 mpg. I have a 345 rear end, auto. Used both in construction work and pleasure. Has been an excellent pickup, and still looks good. Did replace transmission @ 235000.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats & counsel

Suggested Improvements

NONE. I plan to drive this until it quits.

Love this Truck
By Bobby E

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 K1500 SLT 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I have had many cars and trucks foreign and domestic. By far this is the best and most reliable vehicle I have ever owned. We live on acreage and the 4x4 is like a billy goat. The only thing mechanical that has needed to be replaced are the power window motors and the gas pick-up in the gas tank. I have not even needed a brake job probably because I do little towing and it is driven more like a passenger car. I take very good care of my truck,oil and transmission fluid changes, wash and wax and I am careful when I use the 4x4. Gas mileage around town is 15-16 and on the interstate 18-19. It is more comfortable on trips than our cars. Feel very safe in all kinds of weather. Love it.

Favorite Features

Looks great, rides like a car, reliable, goes over hills, snow and mud like a billy goat. Plenty of power and decent gas mileage. Use the back seat to carry passenger's when we pick them up from the airport. Always feel safe. When the road gets slippery just push the 4x4 button its great.

Suggested Improvements

The only improvement which is in later models would be the 4th door. But then having been in the four doors they don't seem as solid as my truck. GMC really got it altogether with this truck.

New century truck
By labelmon

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 C1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

The features on my GMC SLE extended cab (3 door) are fantastic! This is the BEST "General" I've ever owned; and I've had a few. This truck has modern V8 power; modern comfort (lots of options); modern sound system w / CD; modern ride (suspension and disc brakes @ all four corners) If you can find one (99' +)with "mimimal" milage........get it! For a 1/2 ton pick-up truck it's got more "creature" options than a 99' Cadillac........I continue to forget that I have to manually turn on/off the head lights in my other vehical! WOW!

Favorite Features

4.8 (293 c.i.) V8; All of the "cabin creature" options; Disc brakes @ all corners; Smooth ride; GM dependability.

Suggested Improvements

n/a

GREAT TRUCK THROUGHOUT!
By bassrus

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 K1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab 4WD SB

I'VE OWNED THIS TRUCK FOR 3 YEARS WITH GREAT ENJOYMENT. I TOW A BASS BOAT MANY A MILE THE POWER SHOWS PULLING UP HILL. THE INSIDE COMFORT MAKES FOR RELAXING EXPERIENCE EVEN ON A 16 HOUR NON-STOP RIDE TO CANADA. I PLAN ON REPLACING THIS TRUCK WITH ONE JUST LIKE IT WHEN THAT DAY COMES.

Favorite Features

THE INSIDE COMFORT WITH THE POWER BUCKET SEATS IS AWESOME!!

Suggested Improvements

THE ONLT IMPROVEMT I WOULD MAKE; INCREASE THE BODY HEIGHT TO ACCOMODATE A LARGER WHEEL/TIRE SETUP.

The best truck I have had
By Scott Thornton

1999 GMC Sierra Classic 1500 C1500 SLE 3dr Extended Cab SB

I bought this truck for the price I got on it. I have not been dissapointed. It only has the 305 automatic so when I put my travel trailer (750 pound tounge, 10000 actual)it is a bit sluggish and it kills the gas milage. I have added a freer flowing exhaust and air filter and routinly get 17 mpg city and 25 on the road. I baby it though. The looks are spot on for me and my son plans on buying the truck from me in a few years. If you get a good deal on one of these trucks GET IT!! you wont regret it

Favorite Features

gas milage, interior design, decent factory stereo, ride is great,

Suggested Improvements

more powerful base V8, stiffer tires if tow anything.