2001 GMC Sierra C3 Consumer Review: Simply put: The best vehicle o

2001 GMC Sierra C3 - Consumer Review

Base Extended Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Simply put: The best vehicle on the road
By Bolldog on

2001 GMC Sierra C3 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Dodge dealer couldn't stand having a truck on its lot that looked better than all of the Dodge trucks around it, so I got a great deal. First impression: The best looking truck I'd ever seen. (I have the black one.) Second impression: The most powerful truck I'd ever driven. Third impression: The most versatile vehicle man has ever made. I can't say enough good things. If I want to go out on the town, I get it detailed, and it turns heads. If I need to tow 9000 lbs through the mud, I don't hesitate, and neither does the truck. I bought my C3 with 25k miles, and now have 122k miles. I've owned 15 cars/trucks - this is the best by far. From the other reviews, I'm not alone!

Looks, ride, quality, power, AWD system, durability, reliability, low maintenance costs, good gas mileage, versatility

I would say make the gas mileage better, but it's a 325hp 6.0 with AWD. I still get 20 mpg on the highway! After many hours of investigation, I now just ignore the piston slap on cold starts. It hasn't hurt performance.