Used 2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (22 reviews )

sweet truck
By deanasdaddy

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my c3 new have 56,000 mi on it, I use only synthetic castrol oil. I get 19 mi to the gallon i have been to fla. and back to new england twice and its been pure pleasure.

comfort is plush,design,and more power than i need but nice to have it, but i do have one big problem i am thinking of trading it in for a new one but i hate to give it up.

none

Still Truckin'
By BK

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck ever. I slammed the original tranny last year hauling the RV, but that wasn't too bad to replace. Horsepower is awesome. Dual Flowmasters sound deep and strong. 111k on this bad boy and I'm not about to give it up now. Bought it with 80K. Hauls our 29' RV w/out a problem, pontoon boat doesn't even make it breath hard. My 10yr old son wants it when he turns 16. We'll see about that. I would like to see how it matches up to the new GMC with 402hp. I bet with AWD it will keep up or beat it.

Horsepower and towing of a HD truck in a half ton chasis. It's a good lookin truck, turns heads when cleaned up.

That piston slap on start up is the only concern I have, but learned to tune it out. Other than that more horsepower would be nice!

Perfect truck
By STEVEN1398

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck when it was two years old and had 65,000 miles on it it now has 200,000 miles on it and never had a problem of all the cars I own this is the funnest one to drive I love it the awd system is 10 times better than a Z-71 I love this truck period

Interior and AWD

Color matched grille and rear bumper which I already had done to mine

Simply put: The best vehicle on the road
By Bolldog

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Dodge dealer couldn't stand having a truck on its lot that looked better than all of the Dodge trucks around it, so I got a great deal. First impression: The best looking truck I'd ever seen. (I have the black one.) Second impression: The most powerful truck I'd ever driven. Third impression: The most versatile vehicle man has ever made. I can't say enough good things. If I want to go out on the town, I get it detailed, and it turns heads. If I need to tow 9000 lbs through the mud, I don't hesitate, and neither does the truck. I bought my C3 with 25k miles, and now have 122k miles. I've owned 15 cars/trucks - this is the best by far. From the other reviews, I'm not alone!

Looks, ride, quality, power, AWD system, durability, reliability, low maintenance costs, good gas mileage, versatility

I would say make the gas mileage better, but it's a 325hp 6.0 with AWD. I still get 20 mpg on the highway! After many hours of investigation, I now just ignore the piston slap on cold starts. It hasn't hurt performance.

What a truck
By A. Edwards

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just got this truck and it is the best. Plenty of power, it can tow anything you need. It is the most comfortable ride for a truck. I would not hesitate to buy this truck again.

6.0L V8, 325 hp, 370 ft lbs of torque, AWD