2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab - Consumer Reviews

Base 6.0L V8 AWD 4-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed - (22 reviews )
sweet truck
By deanasdaddy on 02/03/12 13:03 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my c3 new have 56,000 mi on it, I use only synthetic castrol oil. I get 19 mi to the gallon i have been to fla. and back to new england twice and its been pure pleasure.

Still Truckin'
By BK on 12/17/09 13:47 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This is the best truck ever. I slammed the original tranny last year hauling the RV, but that wasn't too bad to replace. Horsepower is awesome. Dual Flowmasters sound deep and strong. 111k on this bad boy and I'm not about to give it up now. Bought it with 80K. Hauls our 29' RV w/out a problem, pontoon boat doesn't even make it breath hard. My 10yr old son wants it when he turns 16. We'll see about that. I would like to see how it matches up to the new GMC with 402hp. I bet with AWD it will keep up or beat it.

Perfect truck
By STEVEN1398 on 12/19/08 20:37 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this truck when it was two years old and had 65,000 miles on it it now has 200,000 miles on it and never had a problem of all the cars I own this is the funnest one to drive I love it the awd system is 10 times better than a Z-71 I love this truck period

Simply put: The best vehicle on the road
By Bolldog on 11/28/08 09:30 AM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

The Dodge dealer couldn't stand having a truck on its lot that looked better than all of the Dodge trucks around it, so I got a great deal. First impression: The best looking truck I'd ever seen. (I have the black one.) Second impression: The most powerful truck I'd ever driven. Third impression: The most versatile vehicle man has ever made. I can't say enough good things. If I want to go out on the town, I get it detailed, and it turns heads. If I need to tow 9000 lbs through the mud, I don't hesitate, and neither does the truck. I bought my C3 with 25k miles, and now have 122k miles. I've owned 15 cars/trucks - this is the best by far. From the other reviews, I'm not alone!

What a truck
By A. Edwards on 09/18/08 21:30 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I just got this truck and it is the best. Plenty of power, it can tow anything you need. It is the most comfortable ride for a truck. I would not hesitate to buy this truck again.

If you can find one get it
By Love This Truck on 09/07/08 21:16 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This truck is the king of half tons. Possibly due to the fact is it more HD than half ton. 6.0 motor is a stout, suprising power plant. The trans shifts smooth. Never do you feel it doesnt have enough there when passing. Hauling a boat? No contest hands down best gas motor truck for the job. Hemi who?

Perfect Truck
By CART99 on 08/31/06 07:31 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I wanted a high-content, high-performance truck that could still be used to haul firewood and tow a horse trailer. This truck is absolutely perfect.

C3 is a great truck
By johnbasler on 08/17/06 11:27 AM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent truck overall. Plenty of power for towing and great ride quality. Feature-laden, it is a pleasure to take on trips. AWD is awesome. No issues at all. 87k miles and all I have had to do is oil changes, tires, and a battery.

One Great Truck
By Bob R on 04/20/06 18:23 PM (PDT)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

75,000 from original Michelin Cross Terrain tires and they looked good on the way off, just felt like buying a set. Still on original brakes. I have never spun a tire with the full time AWD. Solid tow vehicle. The weight and balance is such that the ride will amaze. A different league from my prior Z-71. The window sticker said 14 and 12 mpg, thank goodness it was wrong. I can get 17+ on highway at about 70mph light load, but 16 is more the norm. For 80,000 I have averaged 15.5 per the computer which is pretty accurate. If you tow something heavy look for 11-12. GM pretty well hit the nail on the head with this truck. Good paint, still looks new.

One Great Pick-up!
By Sparky on 02/25/06 13:32 PM (PST)

2001 GMC Sierra C3 Extended Cab 4dr Extended Cab AWD SB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I have owned several pick-ups from half tons all the way up to heavy duty one tons, and my C3 has been the best one to date. It is easy to maneuver and a blast to drive.