Used 2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Gmc Sierra-3500hd - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 3500HD model:

Worst truck I have owned so far.
By zolo1978

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Work Truck 4dr Crew Cab LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

At 23,000 miles the exhaust fluid warning came on, took it to the dealer and they took 2 days to fixed it. At 43,000 miles something outside the engine malfunction It cost me $18000.00 obviously they told me that that is not cover by the 100,000 mile power train, now at 53,000 miles something with the transmission went bad and the dealership is telling me that it will cost around $800.00 to fix and of course is has nothing to do with the power train so no luck. I will never buy another GMC vehicle in my life. I can put up with the small space inside, because I liked the oversized bed, but not paying $2700.00 with in a 6 month period give me a brake.

Favorite Features

Large bed.

Suggested Improvements

Better leg room, better cloth seats, get rid of the exhaust fluid and build them with better parts that won't cost you arm and a leg to repair.

update on repairs
By texasbuyer777

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

update to previous report, exhaust fluid tube was not connected from the factory, dealer repaired, software was doing its function reporting a malfunction, 1000 miles today, towed a 20' gooseneck weighing approx 10,000 lbs., towed like a feather, entire truck engineering is 100% better than my 2009 chevy 3500. very quiet interior, avg 12mpg towing, 17-18mpg empty.

Favorite Features

new front end, increased hp

Suggested Improvements

better interior styling, console has lots of inaccessible storage, utilize it.

broke down on the first day
By texasbuyer777

2011 GMC Sierra 3500HD Crew Cab Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

duramax diesel 2011, bought 7/22/2011 build date 6/2011. exhaust fluid malfunction light on with check engine light, 5 miles from dealership, drove 150 miles, took to dealer in the am, tried programming fix, no help from gmc tech support, 8-5 m-f, thats BS.dealer tried, gm is working on new code/software to fix, working on it for 7 months, no luck,HEY GUYS, WAKE UP, this glitch is affecting real people in the real world, probably will end up being class action against GM! God Bless.... almost forgot, reverse sensors broken from factory////????

Favorite Features

handling is superior to my 2009 crew cab 4 wheel drive dually, way mor epower, quiter, better ride.

Suggested Improvements

After paying $ 53,000 for a $ 60,000 msrp truck, Me and all of the truck buying public would expect the quality control to be functional/operational! No exscuse for a new truck to be broken from the factory. Back to the dealer on MOnday to try more programming attempts, not the selling dealer.