Used 2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD

View reviews for a specific Sierra 3500HD model:

GMC Sierra
By Jack

2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD SLE1 4dr Extended Cab LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The GMC truck is a great truck to own. I've had it for a few months now and so far it's been a good experience. It's the first time I've had a truck with four-wheel drive and with the winter we've had, I don't know how I managed without it! The handling is excellent for a vehicle its size. Gas mileage is acceptable for this type of vehicle (3500 HD). I would certainly buy another GMC vehicle again and recommend it highly.

Favorite Features

4-wheel drive, ride comfort, interior design and storage capacity.

Suggested Improvements

Could use a rear camera as an option because of vehicle's height and size. Would like the option to delete OnStar and radio and receive a credit from the purchase price.

The new diesel is "wow"
By Brian

2008 GMC Sierra 3500HD Work Truck 2dr Regular Cab 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This non dually 3500 with the new diesel is a blast and very man like. I just purchased a 2006 3500 dump for my construction business. I love the fuel economy and the way it pulls my big trailers I didn't care for the new body style so I found a new 06. I added a pickup this month and all they had were 07 & 08. I bought the 08. Holy cow is the power different. This truck is sharp and can pull a trailer. It gets worked on job sites and I pile the mile on. Good fuel economy and pretty comfortable for a 3500. I will buy more as I update my fleet from Ford to GMC.

Favorite Features

The powerful engine. 6.6 I just looked up the numbers on it. What a monster. I really like the body now. I like the instrument panels. (old school)?

Suggested Improvements

I cant get the digital readouts to read in English. The center console should have storage. The 06 does. The floor shifter should have some light to tell if it is engaged. The light on dash is hard to see. 4X4.