I will never own a GMC product again
By mikep16 on
2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)
From the Dealer using my truck to tow the owners horse trailer and adding 100 miles to it...to the more than $3000 I had to put into the electrical within 3 months-to the instrument panel stopping to work (speedo, then oil pressure, then battery-which comes and goes) $900 fix it so I just use a GPS for my speedo-to the rattle in the steering because of design issue always going out....to the electric seat positioning clicking 7-8 times before settling into place-to now the heater/AC blower stopped working and a cost of $750 to fix it at PEP Boys. Thanks to youtube the heater fix will only cost me $150 in parts. (my friend just had the same thing happen to his Tahoe and had to pay $750.
Favorite Features
The diesel itself is great, when running. I love the size, the big interior, the carrying power. The reliability and the response from GMC are the only problems. (if I received the support I would expect, I would be #1 supporter of GMC) I do not/cannot trust any of the dealers and the customer service person in Detroit (or where ever they reside) "almost" helped me but ended up not helping. I will never buy another GMC as long as I live and will tell all that I know of the problems that I have seen with the company.
Suggested Improvements
I believe there should be more monitoring of what goes on at their dealerships, better selection process or something. And, stand by their design flaws. Proactively, not reacting to a crisis before something is done. (cannot be a coincident that my friends and my heaters went out at the same time. (PEP Boys told him that happens "a lot" with these.