2004 GMC Sierra 3500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Sierra 3500 model:
I will never own a GMC product again
By mikep16 on 12/23/13 22:41 PM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

From the Dealer using my truck to tow the owners horse trailer and adding 100 miles to it...to the more than $3000 I had to put into the electrical within 3 months-to the instrument panel stopping to work (speedo, then oil pressure, then battery-which comes and goes) $900 fix it so I just use a GPS for my speedo-to the rattle in the steering because of design issue always going out....to the electric seat positioning clicking 7-8 times before settling into place-to now the heater/AC blower stopped working and a cost of $750 to fix it at PEP Boys. Thanks to youtube the heater fix will only cost me $150 in parts. (my friend just had the same thing happen to his Tahoe and had to pay $750.

2004 3500 Duramax 6.6 SLT DRW Crew Cab
By Pilot on 04/18/08 11:58 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Crew Cab SLT Rwd LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I've had this truck for almost 4 years, and I have nothing but good to say. I have a 37' 5th wheel, which when loaded is right at 16300 lbs and it pulls it great. Now I'm not going to tell you that I don't know the 5th wheel is back there, but this truck is a joy to drive while pulling. She'll be paid for in a couple of months, and I plan to keep her for a long time.

Duramax Dually 2004
By Gilles on 06/07/06 09:35 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Extended Cab SLT 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I purchased the Sierra dually Duramax (LLY - 310hp & 605flbs) to pull a heavy fifth wheel and so far my experience has been trouble free. So far I am fully satisfied although I only have 30,000 km and time will provide more information on reliability of the Duramax. I find it fun to drive and fuel efficiency is good compared to the other diesel (Ford & Chrysler). It provide plenty of performance compare to a gas engine. The interior is perhaps blend as per the critics but it provides a price advantage compare to the Ford's King Ranch. It does not take away from the performance.

Duramax Power
By BigIron on 05/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

I haul a 11'6" Lance Legend camper and pull a 8'x12' trailer with it loaded with ATV's and a motorcycle and the truck does all I want it to. I traded a Powerstroke in and I am pleased that I did. It's quite and rides and handles a lot better then my old Ford. I am getting around 12mpg at freeway speeds with this load.

Piece of crap
By Carlos Fernandez on 05/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Crew Cab SLT 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

This was the worst vehicle i ever had. It broke down right as i was pulling out of the dealership. The dealership then actually charged me for towing it the 10 feet to the service area!! Turns out the axle was faulty. They also found that the radiator leaked too.

GMC Sierra duramax
By Rich in suffolk on 01/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 GMC Sierra 3500 4dr Crew Cab Work Truck 4WD LB DRW (6.0L 8cyl 4A)

You can always ask for more, but this truck gives the best of all I have ever driven. The Duramax is quiet and it seems to have more pep than my old 350 gas. Over the road unloaded I have gotten 22 mpg at I-95 speeds. Pulling a medium size 5th wheel is a pleasure. The allison transmission is absolutely super. I will buy another. By the way my other car is a Ford ambulance (diesel), the powerstroke is great but can't hold a candle to the duramax. The Dodge is just too loud.