2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Reviews - 7 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD

View reviews for a specific Sierra 2500HD model:

Poor Quality Truck
By Randy Shuck

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Crew Cab SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

The day I brought the truck home I noticed that the heater would not change from defrost.Then after a couple of weeks water leaked on drivers side front and back.All carpet had to be replaced.Then water leaked on passenger side.The truck has 3100 miles on it and has been in the shop 16 days.Im wondering what will be next.Its obvious GM dosent build a quality truck any more.

Great Diesel Truck
By Tom

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Double Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Bought this SLT model after trading in a 13 2500 HD Denali. Needed to pull a 16000 lb Fiver camper. This Pickup has extreme power and smooth shifting. Thought about getting a single rear tire toner till I realized the only difference was an extra leaf spring is all. I had automatic step sides that come down when you open the door and that made access in and out easy even the wife enjoys it. I have 13000 on it now. I guess I don't see any issue with the headlights seem the same although I did notice at the parts counter upgraded bulbs on the counter so maybe that fixed the issue. I especially like the bright lights in the side mirrors for backing up at night. No problems with the leather or accessories, I did get extended warranty just in case. mileage varies about 8 mph pulling the camper and 17 mpg on the highway not pulling town about 15. Seems like a great pickup more to come.

Can't drive at night
By Frosty

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Well folks I'm back we've been to the dealer 4 times the headlights are terrible . I asked the service manager to load his family up and take it for a spin as I hate to drive at night . The headlights are only producing 1250 lumens when they should be 2500 to allow for proper visual at night . Please give this vehicle a drive at night and try to turn onto a side road make sure you have the salesman in the passenger seat !!!!.

2015 Sierra HD diesel
By Jon

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4dr Double Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

So, yes. The SD card reader is pretty much useless. But all of the storage is amazing. The 6.6 is amazing along with the Allison transmission. I'm getting 17 in town and 20-21 on highway. Towing my tractor around is a breeze almost forget it's behind me. I did read the other reviews and the gap at the tailgate is real, and it does let a lot of dust in, However you can buy a seal kit for it. The safety features are cool. With the vibrating seats, lane departure detection, and back up camera, if you crash and it's your fault. It is actually your fault. bottom line I've owned a lot of vehicles, other than a minivan which I haven't owned but have been in and was amazed at the comfort and room this is the best and most useful vehicle you can get.

Duramax!
By JD

2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

There is no drop-down option for the Duramax Diesel version. Traded in a 2014 Denali 1500 for the big boy. I love this truck. No car/truck is perfect but the Duramax is the best Diesel engine on the road IMO. Sometimes the radio is quirky when plugging in my iphone so I just stream over bluetooth. I've noticed that the power steering takes more arm strength when maneuvering tight spots, more-so than other truck brands. The headlights are a less than great and should be recalled. I am hoping the new headlights that come on the 2016s will be interchangeable.

I love my truck. It turns a lot of heads.. especially mine!