2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Review: Great Truck

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Review

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD

SLE Extended Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Great Truck
By Bud H on

2009 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE 4dr Extended Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

This my first 3/4 ton truck. Now have 9000 miles on the clock. I have owned about ten 1/2 ton trucks over the last 40 years. I have owned mostly Ford trucks. GMC has really done well with this truck. It is the 6.0 gasser. I haul a travel trailer and perform routine around the house hauling. The powertrain and load performance difference between the GMC 1500 5.3 and 2500HD is huge. I get better gas mileage pulling a trailer with this truck vs. my 2008 GM 1500 5.3 gasser. I have been getting 17mpg on the highway without a load. 11 mpg pulling a 7000lb trailer on the highway. I believe the GM HD trucks are the way to go with either 6.0 gasser or the Duramax / Allison combination.

6 speed automatic transmission. 6.0 engine performance and mpg. Rear doors & windows. Extremely comfortable interior. Integrated trailer brake controller. My wife prefers to travel in the truck vs. our car. Try one, you'll love it. I believe this truck could climb a tree

Larger OEM tires. Tighter turning radius. Auto 4X4 like 1500. Independent bed light switch. The throttle is a little sensitive when starting from a stop (this may be the low gearing of 1st gear). Larger gas tank.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review