My first 3/4 Ton Truck & Diesel
By Ryan on
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT 4dr Crew Cab 4WD LB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)
I previously owned a 1999 Silverado 1500 4X4 Extended Cab Standard Bed and a 2007 Sierra 1500 4X4 Extended Cab Standard Bed I wanted to upgrade to something more powerful with more room. While I really don't need it for towing at this point, I can only imagine how great of a towing vehicle this will be. I am very impressed with the power of the Duramax diesel, as well as how quiet it is compared to the Ford Power Stroke and the Cummins in the Dodge. I test drove all 3 brands, and what won me over was the performance and power of the Duramax, as well as how much smoother the Allison Tranny shifted over the transmissions in the Dodge and Ford. The interior is the best of the 3.
Favorite Features
Allison Transmission Quiet Diesel Engine as compared to the other two practical and comfortable interior practical styling G-80 rear locking differential XM Radio
Suggested Improvements
GM needs to start putting lights back under the hood and in the glove box! GM could use a better quality plastic for the interior. It is ok as is, but could be much better. It should be noted that the 2007+ Duramax engines come with a particulate exhaust filter. You cannot remove this.