2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Consumer Review: Needs Help

2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD - Consumer Review

SLE2 Crew Cab Pickup (6.0L V8 4x4 6-speed Automatic 6.6 ft. Bed)

Needs Help
By Totally unimpressed on

2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLE2 4dr Crew Cab 4WD SB (6.0L 8cyl 6A)

Before buying this truck I owned a F250 V10. This truck was supposed to have 50 more hp and comparable torque but its lack of power is remarkable. My mpg is ok until I hook something behind it then its 5mpg... I have had no less than 20 warranty claims in 1 year. It absolutly can not handle any hitch weight without bottoming out. The sheet metal used to form the body is so thin the smallest bump and you have a dent. I really had high hopes that GM had a great truck but after the trans went out @ 6500 miles and many many other issues I'll admit I was wrong.. This pickup is fine for pulling your boat or cruising around but if you want a HD pickup do not buy this one.

Comfort is good, ride is good, and milage is acceptable

Build a pickup worthy of the HD that doesn't need to be in the shop once a month
By motorhead60
on 04/15/12 14:59 PM (PDT)

EVERY single winter our 2008 2500 HD Duramax has been in the shop for 4x4 issues. Had a 2002 same truck - built and handled like a tank in snow. The 2008 model is SHAMED by a 1998 Toyota 4Runner with 250k miles on it when it comes to snow. GM redesigned 2008 to 2010 by REMOVING traction control and stability control - and you can feel it. This truck is a piece of JUNK when you need it for 4x4 operation. And this is NOT an isolated issue. Corporate informed our service mgr at the dealership that there are OTHER complaints with the 08-2010 LMM design dealing with 4x4. THIS TRUCK IS UNSAFE IN SNOW AND ICE - GM KNOWS IT HAS A PROBLEM AFTER IT REMOVED THE TRACTION/STABILITY CONTROL. Live in California - this truck hit 4 warranty repair issues under the 3/36 warranty, it qualifies under the California Lemon Law - GM keeps trying to "fix it" year after year. We only have 50,000 miles on it - THEY CAN KEEP IT. The only way it wil get "fixed" now is FULL REPLACEMENT plus equipment added. Otherwise, we intend to hire an outstanding known Lemon Law attorney to take GM Corp to task for an unsafe lemon.